11-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
1M n Top Gear Series 17 Episode 1

Just to let you folks know that Jeremy Clarkson drove and reviewed the 1M on Episode 1 Series 17.

I have all the Top Gear Series and normally download them via my iTunes. I know you can download just that one episode (Episode 1) if you have not seen it on BBC USA. In Canada we do not get the BBC USA therefore I download mine.

Anyway, He gave the 1M top marks and even took it around the track in the company of a Porsche and Lotus ... the 1M beat both. The Steg also took it around the track beating the time of the M3 by fractions.

I highly recommend to download that one Episode for your enjoyment.

PC users can also download it (just download iTunes from Apple mac.com then the Episode 1). I love watching when Clarkson has something nice to say about a ///M car

Just wanted you to know fellow 1M drivers looks like the 1M is a fabulous driving machine (I can visualize it having driven both the e46 and the e89 I6 TT).

Cheers and happy motoring always.

Rolf-Dieter

PS the 1M looks better every day the more I read and see about it.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

This episode aired in June of 2011. All Top Gear episodes are available for download through FinalGear.com.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
This episode aired in June of 2011. All Top Gear episodes are available for download through FinalGear.com.
Thanks Robert,

I always wait until I can download the entire Series, just watched Episode 1 this evening and wanted to share it.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Big before airing and after airing discussion in this thread from, erm, June ;-) http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...op+gear&page=8 (I've started at the after-airing comments :-) )
      11-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
Big before airing and after airing discussion in this thread from, erm, June ;-) http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...op+gear&page=8 (I've started at the after-airing comments :-) )
Oh great ... you all seen it shows you as you as one gets older one gets slower ... glad someone else gave you fellows the heads up ...

I did a search ,,, just could not find this one you posted

As we say in German "Doppeld Gemoppeld Hält Besser" "Twice is Stronger" no harm in taking note of it again in case some one missed it ...

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I just loved the way Jeremy was raving about this fine car, made up for the time he left the photo on the floor of the Z4 3.5i and not on the Cool Wall

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
doublegbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Clarkson did a test drive w/ 1M on BBC Canada last month, can't remember what episode # it was.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublegbmw View Post
Clarkson did a test drive w/ 1M on BBC Canada last month, can't remember what episode # it was.
Episode 1 Series 17 .... half way into the Episode is when he drove the 1M ... perhaps the one on BBC last month might be in the next Series

anyway Episode 1 Series 17 he loved it all. I have to see for myself, will try to test drive one if I can find one.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
doublegbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

In the episode I saw Clarkson loved it & was having fun in it.
No sightings in vancouver yet but saw a lime green tesla roadster parked in north vancouver, it tiny seemed smaller than lotus elise.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #10
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

If you do a search on YouTube, TopGear Asia test the 1M against the M3 and there is a clip of them blasting along a straight side by side
Appreciate 0