BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #243
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

The Falstaff did indeed arrive Port Hueneme on the 29th and left on the 30th. If the VPC works weekends, our cars could be there now. Getting close!!
JB
Attached Images

06-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #244
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

For those of you in the Pacfic Northwest, it looks like the Falstaff got to Washington about 1:30 this afternoon. Of course I am assuming that BMW has a facility in the port of Washington :-). Of course, It could be the vehicles are trucked from Port Hueneme.

JB
      06-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #245
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Getting Closer

The owners site updated this morning to show my 128 CV to be at the VPC...getting closer!!
Attached Images

06-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #246
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

this is where ED sucks... just got to the vpc today and was on the green dale which arrived in oxnard the 26th...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #247
britt_e82
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Picking My AW 135i coupe tomorrow

Can't Wait. Very Excited. Never driven one. want my first drive to be my own. I've been following all of you guys posts for the last few weeks. I'll post pics when I get it
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #248
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

I called my CA and he said my car will be at the dealership on June 8. :headbang:Anyone else on the Falstaff get a delivery date at the dealership. We are at our cabin this weekend but as soon as I get home Sunday I am going by the dealership and see if it is there. The wait is almost over!:thumbup:
      06-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #249
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBMW View Post
I called my CA and he said my car will be at the dealership on June 8. :headbang:Anyone else on the Falstaff get a delivery date at the dealership. We are at our cabin this weekend but as soon as I get home Sunday I am going by the dealership and see if it is there. The wait is almost over!:thumbup:
VERY COOL!! I got a call from my CA who said the car should be at the dealership in the next few days.
JB
      06-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #250
britt_e82
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Picked My 135i Coupe Tonight

It was on the Falstaff. Picked it up in Thousand Oaks, CA about 5pm yesterday evening (5/4) love it.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #251
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt_e82 View Post
It was on the Falstaff. Picked it up in Thousand Oaks, CA about 5pm yesterday evening (5/4) love it.
Congratulations!!! I am waiting for mine in Irvine, so it should be there very soon.
JB
      06-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #252
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Got the call...... my 1 is at the dealership. Picking up tomorrow afternoon!!
JB
      06-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #253
evilken
Rep
Drives:

Shipmate saying hi

Hello all, I've been trolling on these boards for about 2 months now. You guys seem like a great bunca people. I was your shipmate for some of you Westcoast people. But, I was sitting over on the Volvo side. I did OSD (our version of ED) in early April and dropped off the car at the Volvo Factory Delivery Center. Car enthuiasts no matter what brand they buy, go through the same emotions of "Waiting totally blows"! Tracked the car the same one you guys and was on the Falstaff. But alas, my wait has just been over today. I got the call today and was also able to pickup today!! You can see my pics of my OSD trip over here along with my car. Feel free to come over and say hi and what not, we're also a nice group of people! http://www.c30world.com/forums/showt...?t=1447&page=4

Have fun driving over the weekend!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #254
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilken View Post
Hello all, I've been trolling on these boards for about 2 months now. You guys seem like a great bunca people. I was your shipmate for some of you Westcoast people. But, I was sitting over on the Volvo side. I did OSD (our version of ED) in early April and dropped off the car at the Volvo Factory Delivery Center. Car enthuiasts no matter what brand they buy, go through the same emotions of "Waiting totally blows"! Tracked the car the same one you guys and was on the Falstaff. But alas, my wait has just been over today. I got the call today and was also able to pickup today!! You can see my pics of my OSD trip over here along with my car. Feel free to come over and say hi and what not, we're also a nice group of people! http://www.c30world.com/forums/showt...?t=1447&page=4

Wow, those are great pics! Looks like a lot of fun. I considered a Volvo convertible before deciding on the 1. Gotta take a few pics today. won't compare to yours though :-)

JB
      06-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #255
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilken View Post

Awesome pics!

Can you explain a little about Volvo's OSD program? What does OSD stand for? How much discount do you get? I hear that Volvo pays for your airfare, is that true? In your pics thread, you make reference to your Rome side trip and the "Hotel Savoy where Volvo put us up." Does Volvo pay for a side trip?!?!?

And what a completely random picture of Mayor Giuliani! Haha! That must've been a trip seeing him! And in your picture, he looks just like every other tourist: brochure in hand, looking around confused.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #256
evilken
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plien69 View Post
Awesome pics!

Can you explain a little about Volvo's OSD program? What does OSD stand for? How much discount do you get? I hear that Volvo pays for your airfare, is that true? In your pics thread, you make reference to your Rome side trip and the "Hotel Savoy where Volvo put us up." Does Volvo pay for a side trip?!?!?

And what a completely random picture of Mayor Giuliani! Haha! That must've been a trip seeing him! And in your picture, he looks just like every other tourist: brochure in hand, looking around confused.

Absolutely. OSD stands for OverSeas Delivery. I saved i think right under 10% from MSRP which is under invoice price. Volvo does provide free airfare for 2 with the program and 1 night free hotel stay. Also transportation to and from the airport, also to and from the Factory Delivery Center (Volvo's Welt) During the winter month all the way up until the end of April, they have 2 "side trips" that you can do. Its heavily subsidized from Volvo. I think they do this as the winter months in Sweden are really cold and dark. For $700 they offered round trip tickets to Rome for 2, 3 night hotel stay at The Savoy, transportation to and from airport to hotel, and and extra night hotel stay in Sweden. I stayed an extra night at The Savoy and it was $400. So, Volvo really does go the extra step for their OSD customers. The side trips change every year. This past year you could choose Dublin or Rome. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #257
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep

My car was supposed to be delivered on June 8, 2008 – Sunday - Today. I went to the dealership last night – no 135i but it was June 7, just thought it might arrive early. Went to the dealership tonight and no car. Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive. The wait is killing me.
      06-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #258
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep

My car was supposed to be at the dealer June 8. Today it still has not arrived! My CA is calling me twice a day with updates or no updates in this case. I am driving by the dealership on my way to and from work to see if it is sitting there. If it does not show up by Thursday the dealer is going to call the trucking company. They did get in a 135i vert AT last week so I feel better that they will not use my car for demos and not tell me it is in yet.

The wait is killing me.
      06-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #259
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep

I know you guys were worrying about my car not being here - LOL - but this morning I drove by the dealership and a car carrier was just pulling away. My 135i SGM was sitting there next to a new X3. Today is the day!:roundel::thumbup::headbang:
      06-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #260
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBMW View Post
I know you guys were worrying about my car not being here - LOL - but this morning I drove by the dealership and a car carrier was just pulling away. My 135i SGM was sitting there next to a new X3. Today is the day!:roundel::thumbup::headbang:
WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!! That is great!! You will love it!!
JB
      06-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #261
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I think I am officially the only Week 17 guy (or gal, guy in this case) without a car.
      06-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #262
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Driver View Post
I think I am officially the only Week 17 guy (or gal, guy in this case) without a car.
:iono:Wow, that is sad. Has your CA said when your car should arrive?
Jay
      06-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #263
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrocoupe View Post
:iono:Wow, that is sad. Has your CA said when your car should arrive?
Jay
Military Sales. She washed her hands with me as soon as the car hit Bremerhaven. 25 days later it finally got on a boat. The car is finally in the states. Hopefully heading from Oxnard to Washington as I type.