BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Question Mr. T needs help on this one

Hey all. Mr T here is back with a question. So I didn't end up getting the 1. I know "Boo" me. But I went to the car wash yesterday and got my car washed and when I got home, I discovered all these brown spots on my car and seems to have penetrated the clear coat. I tried to go back to the car wash but they were closed already. I went today and the guys says that might have occurred because the wax was old when I had the car washed and waxed with express turtle wax they use (which sounds like BS). I know I didn't have those spots before I got the car wash. So what's your guys' take on all this? Should I be going after the car wash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Do you have pics? What color is your car?

I'd try a mild polish such as Menzerna PO85RD and see if it helps at all......then seal with a quality sealant ie Zaino Z2 or Menzerna FMJ

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

I'll be posting up picture later on in the morning. As for the car, it's an 08 Civic Si Sedan. Color is Fiji Blue Pearl which is somewhat close to the Montego Blue Metallic for the 1er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0