BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #45
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

It's amazing reading these posts and knowing that these kind of experiences still happen to people. Especially with BMW.
MY BMW buying experience was painless and quick. None of the stereotypical issues. Same story for my previous 2 car buying experiences.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #46
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
I just don't see how any of these items are in any way involved with the CA.

1.) is a given. Best option is the ZSP or ZMP option with the Sport seats.

2.) There is a fix in the DIY for this, but ordering NAV is the best solution in my book. It also has many other enhancements for viewing the system's status. And yes, it is expensive.

3.) I never use them on my cars that do have them, so I prefer the heightened aesthetic of no key slot. The driver's door jamb switch is sufficient in my case.

4.) The bane of many, but it certainly should be offered as a delete for those who order one.

I never suggested that the CA himself can fix these issues, but he asked for complaints, and I offered them, just as I will anytime people associated with BMW ask for areas in which they can improve. Are you saying the CA doesn't have the ability to forward complaints up the line to other people?

All of these are, at the end of the day, marketing decisions -- BMW clearly has the ability to offer everything I've suggested in the USA, because they offer these options outside the USA as well. (with the exception of the radio display.)

(1) Is not a given in non-US markets. Further, ZSP does not give what I was asking for, which was the adjustable lumber support
(2) I have implemented the fix with the transparency sheet. My complaint is that I shouldn't have to do this, for pity's sake. And spending an extra $2,000 on a piece of technology I don't particularly want is a non-starter.
(3) I prefer to have a key for the trunk as a fail-safe.
(4) Not sure why you're okay with this, but not (1), above. It is conceptually the same problem -- the option is offered overseas, but not in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #47
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Well you're looking at a mighty humble bumble. (points to those who know that reference -minus google searchers)

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #48
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

I do not hate my CA.. And I will do business with him for my next M3/1M.

What I hate is the SA and the whole Service department.

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0