BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
PoshPaws51
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Question 1M Milltek Primary Back System - Questions

I'm looking for opinions from people who have fitted a full Primary Back System please.
I've been offered a nearly new system without the middle resonator box but I'm a bit concerned that it will be "too loud" for my daily driver.

Any feedback on quality, fitting issues and lifespan would be appreciated. If you know what the middle resonator costs in the UK that would be handy too.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Some of these differ in sound to the point that some are just too loud. What is the make of the system you are thinking of fitting? You could fit the N55 mid pipe from BMW that most in the UK have done. It's about £200.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

I have ran a number of Milltek exhausts over the years and still have one on my track day OPC which has been on for 7yrs now, my only concern with Milltek is weld quality and batches of metal they get in from time to time. I have had to replace down pipes as they have snapped at the weld and a number have had back boxes rust, but that is not on the 1M, but after running their exhausts for the past years this time around I went for something different and went down the custom hand made route that I could have input to the build, note and volume.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
I have ran a number of Milltek exhausts over the years and still have one on my track day OPC which has been on for 7yrs now, my only concern with Milltek is weld quality and batches of metal they get in from time to time. I have had to replace down pipes as they have snapped at the weld and a number have had back boxes rust, but that is not on the 1M, but after running their exhausts for the past years this time around I went for something different and went down the custom hand made route that I could have input to the build, note and volume.
And you never let us listen to it Aussie! Or did I miss something?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Nope, you haven't missed anything, I actually haven't recorded it lol
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
PoshPaws51
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Thanks guys. This is a Milltek system without the middle resonator. Aussie, can you PM re cost of your system please.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

I run the full Milltek exhaust non resonated and the sound is gorgious! Not too loud but loud enough and very deep rumble. I must take the time some day to make a few soundclips.
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
Gabrielhz
Rep
Drives: 1m

Where can I get a milltek in USA? Some web page?
Appreciate 0