BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
poorlilpoop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 05 WRX

extended warranty choice.

I wanted to get some advice/opinion on extended warranty. This is for 08 135 and it has 49k miles. Also, it has idrive and navi system.

Currently, I have Penfed's 3rd party extended warranty. I'm still within the 30 day window to cancel the warranty if I want to.
More I read about service agreement; I like the penfed's warranty less and less. They don't seem to cover very much and paper work seems like a nightmare. It is very basic package. Plus, there is no local penfed location for me. The phone/internet is my only access to them.
However, it is cheaper and has longer warranty date. additional 5 years (2017) or 100k miles. I had never dealt with 3rd party warranty service, so I don't know what to expect.

the 3rd party warranty service is called Route 66 Extended Warranty

To people that have BMW's warranty, how do you like your warranty service? Does BMW give you a hard time for warranty work?

I'm really thinking about changing the warranty to bmw, instead of third party warranty. It is more expensive and less years of coverage, but ease of use is really enticing to me.
Plus, i have choice of what i want to cover, basic/gold/premium.

Does anyone here have penfed's warranty or third party warranty? Can you share some personal experience?

I'm going to extend the warranty either way. I'm trying to decide whether I want to stay with 3rd party service, or switch over to bmw before mileage is up.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by poorlilpoop; 03-30-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
poorlilpoop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 05 WRX

I have been googling all day about "Route 66" warranty service, and so far, they are not bad as I thought.

Not many people seemed to have it, but they have good experiences with them. Route 66 seems to be backed by penfed, so it can't be that bad.

Even though I already have them, it sounds too good to be true kind of thing. $1,900 for additional 5 years or reach 100k.

Still debating with myself. I hope that someone here has one, can chime in.

or people with BMW warranty service.
Appreciate 0