BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
gap
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

On my car it seems that the center tail light lens failure is due to a misalignment of the plastic light housing inside the trunk and the metal of the trunk opening for the lens. The plastic housing on the inside of the trunk is not centered and is actually about 1/8" too high. So each time the trunk is closed the metal knife edge of the trunk opening acts as a guillotine and eventually cracks the plastic lens part that goes through the opening.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 01:07 AM   #24
kingnonis
**1er Lover**
Rep
Drives: my gf insane

Man, its BS to see so many of us having issues! My 1er has not even 6K miles and I have/have had the following:

1. HPFP went out in December; was replaced with the new updated HPFP
2. Cracked 3rd brake light on trunk. Hasnt fallen out, but it has a crack right down the middle..I hadn't even noticed it until I read a post a month ago and checked mine out.
3. A horrid...HORRID (!!!) brown-colored rust-looking stain on my passenger side view mirror located in the middle lower portion of the mirror itself (UGLY!)
4. Ridiculous rattles. Sometimes I think I am driving a maraca. I have a rattle in the center dash where the radio is (small and unoticeable w/radio on). I have another in the rear right passenger seat area which seems to be inside the convertible roof storage panel, and man...this oone sounds like there is someone tap dancing inside my car panels or somewhere on the convertible structure..it ruins my day as soon as I hear it.

Ugh...now I'm in a bad mood. Scheduled to take in to dealership in one week...sucks, since my JB+ will be here in the next few days and I will have to wait on installing it.

anyway....sorry for the rant and letting myself get a tad off topic.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #25
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Wow... That's crazy. I've had the ridiculous crank time thing signifying HPFP twice total, but that was starting several months ago, and it hasn't happened again in months, and haven't had any other sort of problem at all since picking up July 31, 2008. Then again, I'm away from home most of the time, and am barely over 5k miles. But even with JB2, no problems..

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #26
Coach
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Mine is going in AGAIN next week for the center brake light. They will also be fixing a noisy clutch spring.

HPFP was replaced two months ago.
Appreciate 0