BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2014, 04:52 AM   #1
mikofung9638
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F23 228i

Thumbs up Installing HID angel eyes

Hi Bros, i juz installed the Lux v4 on my E87 3months ago, and a bit disappointed with the result given, the lux v4 does give a brighter outcome than others no name brands, but the inner ring is still not completely full filled during the day time, and the other ring is definitely not as bright as the inner one. i still think its not good enough to be a day running light. So i m now thinking about installing the HID angel eye on my E87. Ofcoz the first option i think about is the Apline one, but i have checked on their website no 5000k available, and Alex@Apline havent got back to me since i sent him a email a month ago. So i m juz thinking if there is any alternatives? Do i have to buy a HID bulb which is designed for BMW angel eye ? or actually i can buy another H8 HID bulb? any error will appear ? anyone have done this please share your experiences and give some feedback , i appreciate
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i e82

I'm pretty sure the bulb would throw an error code. That can be coded out though.

I would be more concerned with the heat generated from a xenon HID bulb. It can damage the housing from excessive heat.

This combined with the fact that you need wires running out of the sealed headlight assembly going to the ballast you pose a threat of damage to the headlight from Improper sealing.

If your not satisfied with the bulbs out there your best bet is to crack the lights open and throw some Orion's or your choice of rings in them.