BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
12vElectronics
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i Vert

Introduction & Questions: 128i

Good Afternoon!
Here are some specs on my recent acquisition (July). Not my first BMW (I've generally only owned ///M vehicles).

-128i
-2008 (Year One of the 1)
-Convertible
-6 Speed Manual
-Crimson Red Exterior
-Beige Interior
-Factory Nav/iDrive

The car is perfect mechanically. Previous Owner always took care of all maintenance.

The car itself needs some TLC though. I'm hoping I can get some guidance from the 1 community.

Where's a good place to buy parts? I need:
-OEM wheels. Can I use oem wheels on any other BMW for a 'plug n play' fitment?
-Right side mirror has some orange sun damage to it. Can I buy a $25 replacement mirror on eBay and install it? My mirror does tilt down when I go in reverse.
-How many here do a arm rest delete?
-Best place to get floor mats?

Thanks and looking forward to being part of the community.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vElectronics View Post
Good Afternoon!
Here are some specs on my recent acquisition (July). Not my first BMW (I've generally only owned ///M vehicles).

-128i
-Convertible
-6 Speed Manual
-Crimson Red Exterior
-Beige Interior
-Factory Nav/iDrive

The car is perfect mechanically. Previous Owner always took care of all maintenance.

The car itself needs some TLC though. I'm hoping I can get some guidance from the 1 community.

-Right side mirror has some orange sun damage to it. Can I buy a $25 replacement mirror on eBay and install it? My mirror does tilt down when I go in reverse.

Welcome back to the club!

It is possible to find a good set of OEM wheels in the For Sale section of this forum. Lots of guys buy aftermarket wheels and then sell their OEM's. As for exact fit from other BMW models, you should poke around in the Wheels and Tires section.

Would advise against the cheepo replacement mirrors. Instead, you might want to consider other options available at bavauto.com. They have carbon fiber mirror caps and primed caps, at a range of medium, high and nosebleed prices.

Not sure how many do the armrest delete. I like mine.

Floor mats available from bavauto.com. There are also OEM carpet mats on eBay for about $110. All weather rubber mats can be found all over too.

Good luck!
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
snub-nose 28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SGM 128i Cp 6MT ZSP/ZPP

Garage List
Quote:
Good Afternoon!

-128i
-Convertible
-6 Speed Manual
-Crimson Red Exterior
-Beige Interior
-Factory Nav/iDrive

Mirrors are often heated and self-dimming i.e. the ones that go brown/orange along the bottom. You do not mention the fail beyond color, but mine too have it, at least this evening while washing it was still there. Replacements are dealer equivalent only. $326 +- each. Both of mine are that way. I'd recommend getting the correct one(s) as finances allow.

Armrest delete is a must! IMO the most useless, space-hogging appurtenance in the car. Wish I could SR delete as easy. Put it in the attic.

Floor mats: Amazon via some dealer in CT I believe. No curves, just straight ribs points @ea end for mine.
m3 under|eibach 28mm f-sway|oem 12mm r-sway|3.46...135i 'auto' diff-yes!|avant garde m621 19x8.5 square|mich pss4s|koni fsd|h&r sport|ecs e46 m3 trans mts|fogs delete|tower pin mod -2.20|hpa 1m m3 strut bar|3m tint|afe stg2 cai|akg m3 rsfb|ecs trailing arms|dinan r-stops|bmwp ssk|135i brembo+stoptech slot|braided lines|supersprint rez delete|disa 3s intk|bespoke strg wheel|mudflap4x|milvs+bpc remap|alcantara trim|armrest & r hdrest delete|solid rubber mounts
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
12vElectronics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
Welcome back to the club!

It is possible to find a good set of OEM wheels in the For Sale section of this forum. Lots of guys buy aftermarket wheels and then sell their OEM's. As for exact fit from other BMW models, you should poke around in the Wheels and Tires section.

Would advise against the cheepo replacement mirrors. Instead, you might want to consider other options available at bavauto.com. They have carbon fiber mirror caps and primed caps, at a range of medium, high and nosebleed prices.

Not sure how many do the armrest delete. I like mine.

Floor mats available from bavauto.com. There are also OEM carpet mats on eBay for about $110. All weather rubber mats can be found all over too.

Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snub-nose 28 View Post
Mirrors are often heated and self-dimming i.e. the ones that go brown/orange along the bottom. You do not mention the fail beyond color, but mine too have it, at least this evening while washing it was still there. Replacements are dealer equivalent only. $326 +- each. Both of mine are that way. I'd recommend getting the correct one(s) as finances allow.

Armrest delete is a must! IMO the most useless, space-hogging appurtenance in the car. Wish I could SR delete as easy. Put it in the attic.

Floor mats: Amazon via some dealer in CT I believe. No curves, just straight ribs points @ea end for mine.
Great info on the mirrors. Yes my problem is exactly what you describe. I have money to blow but at $326 just for the mirror to fix the bottom portion it's totally not worth it! I'll live with it. The car isn't perfect anyways

I plan on doing arm rest delete. Mine is beat up and it just takes up space. It just seems overly large.

Any possible way to get me the link to the Amazon seller for the floor mats?

08-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Floor mats links...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...28i+floor+mats

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...+mats&_sacat=0
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #6
snub-nose 28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SGM 128i Cp 6MT ZSP/ZPP

Garage List
Just flat gotta love this forum...
m3 under|eibach 28mm f-sway|oem 12mm r-sway|3.46...135i 'auto' diff-yes!|avant garde m621 19x8.5 square|mich pss4s|koni fsd|h&r sport|ecs e46 m3 trans mts|fogs delete|tower pin mod -2.20|hpa 1m m3 strut bar|3m tint|afe stg2 cai|akg m3 rsfb|ecs trailing arms|dinan r-stops|bmwp ssk|135i brembo+stoptech slot|braided lines|supersprint rez delete|disa 3s intk|bespoke strg wheel|mudflap4x|milvs+bpc remap|alcantara trim|armrest & r hdrest delete|solid rubber mounts
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #7
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Welcome to the crew, looks like all your questions have been answered - post some pics of the car for us!
      08-30-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Welcome to the 1er forum. Yes, post some pics. Never get tired of seeing another 1 series.
      09-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
12vElectronics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the help folks.

I'll get some pics up soon. This car needs some TLC. I did get a good price on it but it needs:

New Wheels
New Floor Mats

It's got lots of scratches on the outside and the rear bumper needs a respray. Back window is starting to come apart from the convertible top.

But once I get all that done it'll be a really clean car. Mechanically it's great.
      09-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #10
Ankur194
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: One Two Eight Vert

Not sure where you are located but i have some Style 262's for sale off my 2011 128i Cabrio with sport package.

Welcome to the forums!
Quote:
Good Afternoon!

-128i
-Convertible
-6 Speed Manual
-Crimson Red Exterior
-Beige Interior
-Factory Nav/iDrive

Appreciate 0