E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Best Wax or Polish for the glossy look?

11-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #23
Sage
No Fear
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i RWD

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow, I am totally overwhelmed. Never thought there is a whole world out there revolving around car care. In any case, assuming I am NOT a car slave, what do you guys recommends?

Try the Zaino - ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive follow by Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray (estimated 3-4 hours of work) or go with Klasse All-In-One follow by Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (estimated 1.5 hours of work)

Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like the Zaino is good for 6 months while Klasse is good for a year.

Any insight will be appreciated.

P.S. The car color is Monaco Blue
      11-30-2005, 02:11 PM   #24
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

Beautiful work, but do you ever get demoralized doing all this work on the car only to have it get messed up by weather and pollution? I spend my Winters at the beach and within hours of washing my car has a layer of sea air borne crud. Add to that the fact that the water has salt and minerals in it and it's spot city then.

I have to use a Mr. Clean thing to even get it washed w/o major spotting. I'd spend the time to polish and rewax it, but i'm pretty sure it'd be all for naught.

Do all these products help significantly with protecting it from water spots?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #25
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

the who has more durabilty zaino vs. klasse is a dead debate there is no answer. Plus it all depends on the conditions you car is kept in. Klasse is great dont get more wrong but SG can be a pain in the a$$ to remove. I find Zaino easier to apply and its very easy to refresh the zaino look with some z-6 or z-8. I have zaino and klasse and i prefer zaino, however AIO is a great product I would not do without. It a great paint cleaner, its my go to if i have some tar, sap or anything out of the ordinary on the paint that wont come off with simple soap and water.. Ive put it under Zaino a few times with no problems too.

On to the orginal topic!!! I find Zaino not be a glossy or wet when it comes to other products. It has its own look and gives great reflective look with great clarity in the paint. If its not wet enough i would consider topping it will a carnuba paste wax like Poorboys Natys Blue or Pinnacle Sourvan. However to reapply z2 some say you will have to strip the paint down with dawn again for proper adhesion. Ive never had a problem before not doing it.

Oh there are waxes, sealants, glazes and polishes. Some might debate this but the only true polish in the Zaino collection is ZPC, everything else is wax!!!! z-8 says its a sealant. There are no glazes by zaino.

Chris
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #26
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

Zaino does not take that long to apply!!! i can do a full zaino system with clay and machine polish in 4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
Wow, I am totally overwhelmed. Never thought there is a whole world out there revolving around car care. In any case, assuming I am NOT a car slave, what do you guys recommends?

Try the Zaino - ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive follow by Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray (estimated 3-4 hours of work) or go with Klasse All-In-One follow by Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (estimated 1.5 hours of work)

Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like the Zaino is good for 6 months while Klasse is good for a year.

Any insight will be appreciated.

P.S. The car color is Monaco Blue
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #27
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I have been using Klasse for the past few years. The first couple of times I used it, I also thought the sealant glaze was a bit hard to remove.

I read something on Autopia that explained the proper way to use the Klasse system and realized that I was simply using too much of the SG. This is truly an instance when "less is more". When using it very sparingly, SG is only marginally more difficult to remove than AIO.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 09:28 PM   #28
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

If anyone is interested in trying Mothers Synwax FX, it is on sale at Advance Auto for only $6.45! I picked up an extra bottle today.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #29
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

I usually do five coats (one 2ounce bottle of ZFX charged Z2) and the results are excellent. If you want to get Zaino off your car, dishwater liquid soap isn't necessary. Just use the Z7 wash, and then claybar your car.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 09:16 AM   #30
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I usually do five coats (one 2ounce bottle of ZFX charged Z2) and the results are excellent. .......
I usually only get 3 coats out of a 2 ounce bottle.....How are you managing five? Do you do the wheels as well?

Also, anyone use Z-5? Is it worth it on a new(ish) car? My wife's Dark Blue car is 3 weeks old with 3 coats of Z2.ZFX. Can you layer it over Z2/ZFX?
      12-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #31
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosblau
I usually only get 3 coats out of a 2 ounce bottle.....How are you managing five? Do you do the wheels as well?

Also, anyone use Z-5? Is it worth it on a new(ish) car? My wife's Dark Blue car is 3 weeks old with 3 coats of Z2.ZFX. Can you layer it over Z2/ZFX?
Five body coats excluding the wheels. Just use less, you might think that such a small amount won't be enough, but it will. When in doubt, use less.

I use Z5, and yes, you can layer it over Z2/ZFX. You should end with a layer of Z2 though, since it has higher optical properties than Z5. It's not necessary if you don't have many swirls or scratches, but if you want absolute perfection, then it can only help.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #32
baz843
BogeyBob
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i E90

Was for your bimmer

I use 'One Grand Blitz Carnauba Wax' on my Ti Silver E90. Excellent. Don't expect a deep shine from a silver car. I used Blitz on my previous car, a '03 325i and it looked great. Buy it via
www.carcareonline.com or go to www.zainobros.com and check out their products. I love the Zaino Show Car Wash. Get a mitt from Wal-Mart and dry with a good-quality all cotton towel, or buy one from Zaino or Car Care. Best Regards, BogeyBob
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #33
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I use Carnu-b. http://www.carnu-b.com
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #34
Bimmer4Life
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F30 328i

Those rims on your E90 look much nicer han the 162s. I am thinking of ordering tose for mine. Are they 18 inch rims?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #35
DieselJimmie
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 328 xi coupe

Eagle One Nanowax

I just waxed my 2007 328i today with Eagle One Nanowax. One coat and the shine is fantastic. This is also a wax that lasts and protects.

dieseljimmie@shaw.ca
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #36
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Resurrection of an OLD thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #37
mdmaxxx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJimmie View Post
I just waxed my 2007 328i today with Eagle One Nanowax. One coat and the shine is fantastic. This is also a wax that lasts and protects.

dieseljimmie@shaw.ca
me 2
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 12:36 AM   #38
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

Work on the polishing....

Below is a car with NO wax. Just good ol machine..

Appreciate 0