1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///1M View Post
How is the Akra in closed mode?
Its very nice and queit.. not stock quiet, but opening and closing the valves makes such a noticable differance.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #91
shichen
M
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 1m VO/Milltek exhaust/GTS Rim

Love this tread!!!
Have had my milltek on 1m for 2 months
Not satisfied
Looking for other solution or replacement
Any advises?!
Should I just go for the Akrapovic evo or the light weight system?!
Thx
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #92
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Here is a link to the Supersprint 1M development-

OEM vs. Supersprint-

http://www.supersprint.com/en/doc-s-..._and_cats.aspx
      12-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #93
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Here is a link to the Supersprint 1M development-

OEM vs. Supersprint-

http://www.supersprint.com/en/doc-s-..._and_cats.aspx
Similar gains and similar curve in my dyno chart after installing Evolve Race, which is made by Supersprint.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #94
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

So is the consensus that the akra system is still the best choice for anyone who wants a switchable system ?

I was close to buying it a few months ago but then read about the problems regarding alignment that some people had experienced.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #95
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

HMS

I've come across this custom system from HMS a few months ago. Looks and sounds awesome , I like the sound a lot. Costs including shipping to US appear to be close to that of Arka ( shipping alone is close to $800 ). Made to order.
These images I received from the company in an official response to a request for a quote, so I hope they don't mind me posting it here.

There are no reviews except one very short on Youtube and a dyno run again on YT from the HMS web page. If someone in EU could buy it and do a proper review I would truly appreciate it, as it's hard to plunge $4K on an exhaust that could be not perfect in some way.
Attached Images

Last edited by -Z-; 12-28-2012 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #96
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
So is the consensus that the akra system is still the best choice for anyone who wants a switchable system ?

I was close to buying it a few months ago but then read about the problems regarding alignment that some people had experienced.
If you will utilize the stock rear diffuser there will be slight rubbing but not that much of a problem .. but if you are changing the rear diffuser to a Cf one (revosport- slek ) then with the akra you cant fix it with the tips and will have to do without the tips.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #97
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga

If you will utilize the stock rear diffuser there will be slight rubbing but not that much of a problem .. but if you are changing the rear diffuser to a Cf one (revosport- slek ) then with the akra you cant fix it with the tips and will have to do without the tips.

Ok thanks.... Don't like the idea of rubbing, even if slight, mainly because the akra is so expensive that I would want it to be perfect...

Maybe I should do some investigation on the HMS system mentioned above...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #98
135IS
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M

Garage List
2009 135i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Ok thanks.... Don't like the idea of rubbing, even if slight, mainly because the akra is so expensive that I would want it to be perfect...

Maybe I should do some investigation on the HMS system mentioned above...
+1 on investigating with HMS!

I ordered the revozport diffuser with the ground effects panel. what exhausts fit with that diffuser?
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #99
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IS View Post
+1 on investigating with HMS!

I ordered the revozport diffuser with the ground effects panel. what exhausts fit with that diffuser?
I assume practically everything. I asked them directly this in the past and that was the answer. There seems to be enough space for every known aftermarket exhaust or for stock.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #100
mfcsw
Rep
Drives: bmw1m coupe

hi everyone this is my first post and would like some advice from anyone who has already tried this mod . Iam trying to find out if changing the front cats to 100 cell will give any warning lights and if so would 200 front cell cats be better , and to pass a uk mot emissions would 200 cell cats get through or would you need to have 100 cell secondary cats put in ?
I would be greatful for any advice on the best mix of cats for power gains but will pass an mot test
Many thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #101
vdvpj
LifeOfPJ
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series F31

Garage List
2015 BMW 318i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 116d  [0.00]
2007 116i  [0.00]
Who can tell me which exhaust system this is? I was thinking Akrapovic with the carbonfibre tips.

04-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #102
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvandevelde View Post
Who can tell me which exhaust system this is? I was thinking Akrapovic with the carbonfibre tips.
That's a full Akrapovic EVO system in the video.
      04-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #103
vdvpj
LifeOfPJ
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series F31

Garage List
2015 BMW 318i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 116d  [0.00]
2007 116i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
That's a full Akrapovic EVO system in the video.
Just as I thought Thanks!
      04-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #104
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting read this thread and so many options. Being in the UK I am looking at options available without excessive shipping costs and custom and excise duty on any import.

So to negate these costs, I am going to go to a very reputable UK exhaust manufacturer called Hayward & Scott. They have produced quality items for a few of my Subaru Impreza's many years ago and Shane (Aussie) on this forum is using their rear back box.

Looking on their website I really like the design for the back box and will look at fitting one in the summer but I want Ian to give me 90mm tips and not rolled. Something mimicking the Vorsteiner exhaust on here.

In the meantime, I have spoken to Ian at H&S and they are going to take the car for a few days and develop a centre section without the secondary cats or silencer/resonator. I'll run this with the OEM rear box for a few months and see how that is.

Does anyone know why I shouldn't go for a non-resonated centre, does it increase the drone that is ever present with 1M's and/or does it affect performance at all? Not many exhaust options on these 5 pages have a non-resonated centre section... why?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #105
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMcA View Post
Interesting read this thread and so many options. Being in the UK I am looking at options available without excessive shipping costs and custom and excise duty on any import.

So to negate these costs, I am going to go to a very reputable UK exhaust manufacturer called Hayward & Scott. They have produced quality items for a few of my Subaru Impreza's many years ago and Shane (Aussie) on this forum is using their rear back box.

Looking on their website I really like the design for the back box and will look at fitting one in the summer but I want Ian to give me 90mm tips and not rolled. Something mimicking the Vorsteiner exhaust on here.

In the meantime, I have spoken to Ian at H&S and they are going to take the car for a few days and develop a centre section without the secondary cats or silencer/resonator. I'll run this with the OEM rear box for a few months and see how that is.

Does anyone know why I shouldn't go for a non-resonated centre, does it increase the drone that is ever present with 1M's and/or does it affect performance at all? Not many exhaust options on these 5 pages have a non-resonated centre section... why?
There are people who used or still uses Supersprint's non catted and non resonated mid pipes but you need to make a long search in the Forum threads to spot who they are and what were their impressions, or luckily they may chime in.

I believe the same goes for Meisterschaft mids.

About the tip style I like the way you go since those Vorsteiner tips almost made me buy their exhaust, best imo.

Good luck and keep us updated about what you decide to do and how it ends up.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #106
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the reply Oz. I will get the mid section made and trial it. If I need to make changes as I go I'll get H&S to do so until I am happy with the result. I'll start out without a silencer.

I'll report on my findings with pics and video.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #107
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfcsw View Post
hi everyone this is my first post and would like some advice from anyone who has already tried this mod . Iam trying to find out if changing the front cats to 100 cell will give any warning lights and if so would 200 front cell cats be better , and to pass a uk mot emissions would 200 cell cats get through or would you need to have 100 cell secondary cats put in ?
I would be greatful for any advice on the best mix of cats for power gains but will pass an mot test
Many thanks in advance
Are you talking about the cats in the downpipe? If so then most of the catted options I have seen will bring the CEL eventually. Even with a complete decat downpipe the car will pass MOT if the stock secondary cats are in place. We have been doing this on N54 engined cars since 2008.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #108
mfcsw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Are you talking about the cats in the downpipe? If so then most of the catted options I have seen will bring the CEL eventually. Even with a complete decat downpipe the car will pass MOT if the stock secondary cats are in place. We have been doing this on N54 engined cars since 2008.
Thanks for the response was after a few ideas as to the best route to go in the uk , there's a lot of good ideas and product around but all seem to be from the USA and when you ask for shipping details it ends up being more than the product, I have mainly had normally aspirated performance cars in the past so have no real experience of the effect the cats have on turbos , my thinking was to free up the flow but to keep some back pressure by reducing the cells on both cats .
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #109
mfcsw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMcA View Post
Thanks for the reply Oz. I will get the mid section made and trial it. If I need to make changes as I go I'll get H&S to do so until I am happy with the result. I'll start out without a silencer.

I'll report on my findings with pics and video.
Been hit with a similar problem with shipping cost will be very interested in your findings
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #110
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

You could always speak to Hayward & Scott or Primary Designs if you want HSJ 100 cell cats (high flow and motorpsort spec) made up.
Appreciate 0