BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Sparoz... Shame you are not in Sydney mate..

If you had $995 and one day to spare you can actually drive all these cars in one day..

Ferrari F430 Spider, Bentley Continental GT, BMW M3 E92, Mercedes SL500, Porsche 911/966, and Lotus Elise..

Check out their "Ultimate Drive day" link..

http://sportscarrentals.com.au/drivedays_supercars.php

Have fun............
Oh, the idea is to drive these car without paying for it . But I am sure I could take up Way's offer somewhere in time. To sample his garage - we can even do a feature article .

Work's been busy, so probably won't be able to travel around, but I might just have to start up with some BMWs and Merc as they should be quite easy to get into, and I should be able to get into the IS-F. One of my customer just chipped his TT - I wonder if it will go under 6s , I just need to let him drive mine, and I should able to get into his. Another have a murcielago - but I really don't think he'll let me drive it - always hoping though, but might be able to have an interview with him. .
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #24
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Hang on a min...I think a C63 AMG can do this in 3.9 sec. Or thereabouts.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #25
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Another have a murcielago - but I really don't think he'll let me drive it - always hoping though, but might be able to have an interview with him. .
If one of my customers turned up in a Murcielago, chances are it would be stolen!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #26
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breville
Da na na na na na na na na Stat Man!!! Nice one Bryan!
Ha ha! I asked for that one I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY
Guran, Lima doesn't really test drive that much. He should though! I haven't seen you in the comment section. What name do you post under? I am the same as here and everywhere else.
I am Guran over there too. Don't post many comment, but you'll see my name crop up occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY
Oh btw Guran, I have been a subscriber of WHeels and Motor for over 10 years. What I have always wanted to do is to create an index of the cars they have test driven and which issue it belongs to. Never got around to it, and never likely to either...
There's a guy in Canberra who has compiled a complete index of WHEELS from 1953 to present. It covers every single article (not just the road tests), and is very detailed and easy to use. It's only available as a hardbound book though (~400 pages!). He asks about $100 for the book, and I reckon it's a bargain considering the amount of work that's gone into it. He also sells back issues in case you're missing some. I'll dig out his name and contact details if you like - got it somewhere at home.

I don't know of anyone with an index for MOTOR (or MODERN MOTOR). I do have an old printout that lists the makes/models for the road tests up till about the mid 1980s, but that's it. I will eventually put together my own index for road tests and comparisons, but that's another job for the long term. I have a complete set of MODERN MOTOR / MOTOR too!