BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Got_///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Need help!

Hey guys, I just bought the BMS angel eyes. I installed them correctly and tested them. Everything was working fine. Everything. In fact I loved the results. But an hour later when I went to unlock the car, the angel eyes would light up. When I put the key in and turn the car on, they turn on. Even when I flip my switch from auto to only angel eyes, they light up perfectly fine. But when I turn the car off and try to unlock them the angel eyes won't turn on. Need help guys
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

EDIT: I don't know what drugs I was on when I wrote this. Fixed the grammar

If you try to unlock the car too often, they don't come on. You do it once, lock the car, and try again, and they won't come on. Same with the interior lights. And if you lock your car too many times, the interior lights like to come on too upon locking for some reason... Weird. I had a friend who was way too eager to check out his new angel eyes on his 335 and he didn't realize that the car automatically does that.

If that's not it... there should be a setting in your iDrive or your OBC menu. Something to do with the daytime running lights. You might have inadvertently switched it off. Otherwise, there might be a power problem (bad battery, etc).

This thread might have further answers:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577488

Last edited by 1speedbike; 01-12-2013 at 01:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Got_///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike
Otherwise, if you it too often, they don't come on. You do it once, lock the car, and try again, and they won't come on. Same with the interior lights. And if you lock your car too many times, the interior lights like to come on too upon locking for some reason... Weird. I had a friend who was way too eager to check out his new angel eyes on his 335 and he didn't realize that the car automatically does that.

If that's not it... there should be a setting in your iDrive or your OBC menu. Something to do with the daytime running lights. You might have inadvertently switched it off. Otherwise, there might be a power problem (bad battery, etc).

This thread might have further answers:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577488
Thanks so much man. Worked for me!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_///M View Post
Thanks so much man. Worked for me!
Awesome! Sorry, I mixed up my wording really bad. I think I wrote the stuff about the OBC first, then moved it down because I figured it was more likely that you ran into the same issue as my friend, and then just forgot to fix what I wrote. Glad my message got across lol

Appreciate 0