BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

BMW Sydney Offer - they'll cover first 6 month payments

Sorry about the formatting - it's a cut & paste.

I rec'd this in an email yesterday, and though others might benefit. It looks like BMW Sydney may have some stock, or orders that they want to move. Naturally, there are conditions, but could be a good deal for the right person.

molar -- this could be just the ticket for you, if they have what you're after.

I hope someone can benefit.

B.

PS - I wonder if you could sign up for a 12 month finance contract - with 0% residual, and get them to pay the first 6 months. Now that'd be a good deal. I doubt it though!!!!! lol

If you cannot view the email below, please view onlineVisit our Website | Contact Us | Update Details | Send to Friend

We will pay your first 6 months finance repayments*.For approved commercial customers for a limited time from BMW Sydney Rushcutters Bay and North Shore.
Purchase a selected new, demonstrator or executive driven BMW from BMW Sydney, that qualifies under the BMW Full Circle Finance Program^, and we will pay your first 6 months finance repayments* plus 2 years / 30,000kms complimentary scheduled servicing#.
  • Guaranteed Hand-Back for ultimate peace of mind^.
  • Available only on selected new, demonstrator and executive driven BMWs ordered and delivered between October 28 - December 12, 2008*.
Never before has there been such a unique opportunity to purchase outgoing model and pre-upgraded current model BMWs. And never before has such an unprecedented number of upgrades and model changes occurred at one time. With three new models on their way and an iDrive upgrade, exclusive opportunities now exist on selected 3 Series, the class-leading X3, and current 1, 5 and 7 Series models.

Click here to register your interest.
For more information call our Customer line on 02 9334 4555 or email sales@bmwsydney.com.au

Yours sincerely,

Joe King
Managing Director
BMW Sydney

Conditions:
* Offer is available to approved commercial customers only and only on selected new, demonstrator or executive driven BMW models purchased from BMW Sydney and approved under the BMW Full Circle Finance Program and is not available on new, demonstrator and executive driven BMW Z4, M models and 6 Series models. BMW Full Circle commercial hire purchase agreement provided by BMW Australia Finance Limited over 48 months with 15,000kms per annum allowance. Interest rate is 9.29% pa. Offer applies while stocks last to vehicles ordered and delivered between 28 October 2008 and 12 December 2008 and cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or price incentive of finance offer. Not available on existing finance contracts or finance contracts approved prior to 28 October 2008. Offer from BMW Sydney Pty Limited (ACN 004 675 129) with finance provided by related party BMW Australia Finance Limited (ACN 007 101 715). Terms and conditions apply. Consult BMW Sydney for further details. ^ With Guaranteed Future Value (GFV) you can, at contract end, payout or refinance the GFV or return the vehicle to BMW Australia Finance Limited, provided that the vehicle has not exceeded the contracted kilometre allowance and meets fair wear and tear conditions. # Scheduled servicing is based on the vehicle’s condition based servicing system for a period of 2 years from the delivery date or up to 30,000kms—whichever is reached first. Normal wear and tear items (including brakes, tyres and wiper blades) and other exclusions apply. Scheduled servicing must be conducted by BMW Sydney Service Department. Cannot be transferred to another vehicle, owner or BMW dealership. Full details of scheduled servicing are available from BMW Sydney.

Rushcutters Bay

Northshore

View Map >>

View Map >>
65 Craigend Street Rushcutters Bay
NSW 2011
676 Pacific Highway Chatswood
NSW 2067

Rushcutters Bay 65 Craigend Street Rushcutters Bay

Northshore 676 Pacific Highway Chatswood
Customer sales line 02 9334 4855
sales@bmwsydney.com.au | www.bmwsydney.com.au

Opening hours:

Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday: closed

This email was sent by Marketing, BMW Sydney, 65 Craigend St, Rushcutters Bay, Australia 2011 to bernard.f.ingram@accenture.com

Unsubscribe

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Nice, but the full circle rates are a bit more than normal...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

It's of no benefit to private buyers and users though...

Would I be correct in saying this is a sign of the economic bad times and prestige/expensive car makes are beginning to struggle with their car sales ???

If so the coming 6-12 months could be one of the best opportunities ever to buy a brand new vehicle...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

In Perth, Autoclassic are offering free on-road costs (something like that) on all 3er including the 335i till end of October - the promo has been running for a while.

Business must be slow!

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post

Business must be slow!
I hope it gets that way over at Audi too :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep

Kris - I think this kind of deal only brings forward decisions, I don't think it changes peoples mind on which car or how they'll purchase.

Wraith - I agree! The market is looking more and more "urgent". That's why I'm holding off until December to place my order. It's close enough now to make sure I get an 09 build. Hopefuly by then, this trend will continue, and BMW will follow Benz by lowering their interest rates to something approaching reasonable in the current market. Last time I looked, Benz were doing finance at 4.5-5%, and lexus was lower again.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

I think im paying like 9% with BMW! eek

Can the loan be refinanced, ie if I was to take finance out with someone else , pay out BMW and use the lower rate elsewhere. I assume like a homeloan, you can do this with a car loan too right?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
Kris - I think this kind of deal only beings forward decisions, I don't think it changes peoples mind on which car or hwo they'll purchase.

Wraith - I agree! The market is looking more and more "urgent". That's why I'm holding off until December to place my order. It's close enough now to make sure I get an 09 build. Hopefuly by then, this trend will continue, and BMW will follow Benz by lowering their interest rates to something approaching reasonable in the current market. Last time I looked, Benz were doing finance at 4.5-5%, and lexus at was lower again.
Sounds good - for us the buyers that is...and it looks like all the prestige brands will be affected, possibly all brands across the board.

I did mention in another thread that recently I've seen both GMH and Ford performance models selling for well under 50k, whereas normally they're well over 50k.

As I've previously said, I too have planned to purchase during '09 and the economic climate has forced me to wait until then anyways now...as long as my employment is safe, if the above trend does continue to 'bite' the new car industry new car buyers will be able to benefit, better purchase price/lower finance rate and for me bring the purchase date forward to early next year rather than mid year :smile:

We'll just have to sit tight a little while longer and see what happens :smile:
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
Bigbhoy
Rep
Drives:

there was an atricle about this in the Sydney Morning Herald last weekend on how manufacturers were throwing big incentives at dealerships to clear through their stock based on factory orders for 09. Allot of garages were having to cancel factory orders for 09 ue to stock problems, which in turn led for the manufacturers chucking money back at the dealers to clear through the stock so that they can maintain production.

The title of the article was "there has never been a better time to buy a new car" Interesting read.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbhoy View Post
there was an atricle about this in the Sydney Morning Herald last weekend on how manufacturers were throwing big incentives at dealerships to clear through their stock based on factory orders for 09. Allot of garages were having to cancel factory orders for 09 ue to stock problems, which in turn led for the manufacturers chucking money back at the dealers to clear through the stock so that they can maintain production.

The title of the article was "there has never been a better time to buy a new car" Interesting read.
What date exactly Bigbhoy ???

Where can I get a copy ?? herald sun site ?? I'd like to read it...

I thought the last line above would indeed be the case - but does this really encompass floor stock already at dealers or also to new long wait period orders from O/S ??? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
oneill3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

Interesting thread. I'm in the same boat as Wraith, waiting to see what is going to happen with the economy, jobs, etc. Also hoping that BMW will start to offer some nice deals on finance etc.
      10-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #12
Bigbhoy
Rep
Drives:

Hey wraith

it was in the Sat 25th of Octobers copy of Sydney Morning Herald, front page of the Drive Insert.

the cover has a couple of Alfa concept cars i think down the left hand side of the page. However the article was about buying new cars.

The article was more focused on existing car stock that had to be moved so that delears could bring in new models, etc current registered floor stock was becoming an issue around allot of delerships. I am not too sure if it was on S/O. However the points that it makes in light of the economice crisis would still be valid to special order cars to some extent.

Let me know if you have any luck, i may still have a copy at home which i could scan as a pdf if you like.

Cheers,

Bb
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbhoy View Post
Hey wraith

it was in the Sat 25th of Octobers copy of Sydney Morning Herald, front page of the Drive Insert.

the cover has a couple of Alfa concept cars i think down the left hand side of the page. However the article was about buying new cars.

The article was more focused on existing car stock that had to be moved so that delears could bring in new models, etc current registered floor stock was becoming an issue around allot of delerships. I am not too sure if it was on S/O. However the points that it makes in light of the economice crisis would still be valid to special order cars to some extent.

Let me know if you have any luck, i may still have a copy at home which i could scan as a pdf if you like.

Cheers,

Bb
Thanks very much for that Bb - I won't hassle you for a copy of it, what you've outlined above gives me a good idea and I'm sure it'll be an ever changing scenario as times goes on in the short to medium term future :smile:

I'll just keep a keen eye and ear (as I'm sure many others will) on this situation and see how or what unfolds...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
zorg
Way's Pit Bitch
Rep
Drives:

online here

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=58228&vf=13
      10-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Thankyou very much zorg - that was a very, very interesting read :smile:

As soon as I'm ready to act, based on other relevent matters being known, I look forward to visiting some dealers and doing some serious 'arm twisting'....
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #16
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep

Thanks Zorg - a good read.

Fingers crossed or those of us wanting to buy over the next few months - sounds like it could be a good time to be buying.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:33 AM   #17
lilsimo
Rep
Drives:

I ordered my 125i early October for delivery in January 09 and I am planning to finance. I wonder if I can take advantage of such offers when they arise. It does sound enticing if they pay for your first 6 months. On a 24mth 45% residual, it means a saving of about $10,000.

Sounds too good to be true??
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:46 AM   #18
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Guess who shopping for a 135 in Sydney this weekend.

ME!!

My karma might be changing

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 06:02 AM   #19
white 125M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 125 M Sport

I'm buying in 09 as well, in part because I had to sell my Z4 and secondly I want to see what happens with the economic climate. My concern though, that in waiting to buy next year, I'm wondering what might happen to the prices for those of us waiting if the credit situation goes further 'south', along with our dollar, could this then mean that imported cars will become more expensive?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #20
stylish.
Easily bored...
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

LOL... the managing director's name is Joe King.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_d View Post
I'm buying in 09 as well, in part because I had to sell my Z4 and secondly I want to see what happens with the economic climate. My concern though, that in waiting to buy next year, I'm wondering what might happen to the prices for those of us waiting if the credit situation goes further 'south', along with our dollar, could this then mean that imported cars will become more expensive?
That's a very good question phil and is also being discussed on another forum I'm a member of...

It seems to make sense that - that's what would happen, but if it does, it'll be a knock out blow to dealers/manufactures all together, because car sales will drop even further...

What I suspect will happen is, both manufactures and dealers will have to dig deep right into their profit margins and sacrifice through the remaining time of this current economic climate...as per the article above, this would seem to be the one thing that makes sense, so that they can continue to operate.

Other than that, they have already started cutting staff and other overheads.

I'm hoping that is the case anyway as it means for those looking to buy a new car from now to say 6 months from now should get a better deal than you ever would have otherwise, compared to if this current economic climate never eventuated.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #22
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylish. View Post
LOL... the managing director's name is Joe King.
good pick up
I think 09 will be a great time to buy a new (and later this year) car especially in the early part. Pricing will be fairly stable I'd assume but Deals will be fantastic including finance.
So if you are to order a special optioned car from the dealer dont expect too much but with existing and allocated stock they have and will have to have there will be bargins gallor!
Yep.
Appreciate 0