BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
MilkAndRelish
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd

JB4 + USB Cable Install Question

Hello!

I'm a little bit embarrassed about asking this question because it seems like many find the JB4 install to be pretty easy. However, I'm not known for doing very good install jobs.

On my 1.8t Audi I ended up having to duct tape a CAI and I tried installing a FMIC which ended in disaster.

I'm in SoCal... are there any shops that would install a JB4 for a reasonable price? Is there a way to wire the USB cable into the car for easy access? Any idea how much this would cost?

Any information is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Hi! I'll be receiving mine in a couple of days and have done tons of research on the install. Best advice would be to check out www.n54tech.com. There you will find step by step instructions on the install and every single question you can think of answered. Takes a while to navigate through the threads but you'll find everything there. Promise.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkAndRelish View Post
Hello!

I'm a little bit embarrassed about asking this question because it seems like many find the JB4 install to be pretty easy. However, I'm not known for doing very good install jobs.

On my 1.8t Audi I ended up having to duct tape a CAI and I tried installing a FMIC which ended in disaster.

I'm in SoCal... are there any shops that would install a JB4 for a reasonable price? Is there a way to wire the USB cable into the car for easy access? Any idea how much this would cost?

Any information is much appreciated!
There are forum members who would help you. If none come forward you can do Mod*bargains or Alex from Alpine. On mine I ran it through the box and let it chill in there unless I'm logging. I've heard some people running it to the door but easiest is in the box and it will close when you are logging so I recommend that.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
MilkAndRelish
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys... already got a PM from a member who is willing to help me out... much appreciated. Also shot Alex a message.

On another note, are there any good shops in the LA area that can install other aftermarket parts (DCI, Downpipes, etc) that won't completely break the bank?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Thanks guys... already got a PM from a member who is willing to help me out... much appreciated. Also shot Alex a message.

On another note, are there any good shops in the LA area that can install other aftermarket parts (DCI, Downpipes, etc) that won't completely break the bank?
Check out the regional sub forum here and at e90post. You'll get the answers you need more quickly there. Lots of support from the community in SoCal, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good shop.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
MilkAndRelish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Check out the regional sub forum here and at e90post. You'll get the answers you need more quickly there. Lots of support from the community in SoCal, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good shop.
Good call! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Good call! Thank you!

Text me I can help you....