BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
My review on the 135i

I know a lot of people have written their thoughts when they have received their car, so I thought I might add to the list

After having the car for a week it has been hard to wipe the smile off my face :-D I ordered mine in with the Black sapphire metallic and although it looks amazing I have noticed some weird reflections incertain lighting. Kind of looks like smudges from polish... Anyone else notice this? Could this have something to do with the paint protectant I had done from the dealer?

The other options I had fitted were steptronic and the 09 iDrive. The step is awesome. I can't get enough of the down shift blip I love driving manuals too, but I can't complain too much about the auto because it is so convenient and (I feel), so much fun! I am nitpicking here, but my only wish is that the paddles didn't make a loudish click when pressing them.

The iDrive is excellent. I didn't know too much about the old iDrive which everyone complains about, but the 09 is great. I can find things quickly and easily, the screen is crystal clear and big too. It is also great being able to copy my CD's onto the hard drive. Only problem is that the Mrs keeps playing with the controller!

I haven't stretched the car out much yet, but have taken it to around the 6000rpm mark. The power is addictive, but I still crave for more! I have been going out of my way to find the few tunnels in my city and wind down the windows to hear the car roar. First time I did it I felt like a kid in a candy store!

I came from driving a Mini so the suspension is quite soft, but still reasonably firm. I do notice the floaty feeling when going over largish bumps though. One of the most satisfying things about this car to me has been the fact that I have not heard one creak or noise from the interior. It is solid as a rock. Downsides? Well, interior compartment space is pretty crappy. Not many places to put my wallet, or sunglasses etc. The glove compartment is tiny! On the other hand, the boot is huge

I have been using a dust repellent on the wheels since I've had it, so brake dust hasn't been too much of an issue, but I can tell once I stop using it, it won't take long for my shiny wheels to turn black...

Another bad thing is the electric seats! They are soooo slooooooowwww.... Sometimes I wish they were manual I get so impatient! I also haven't figured out how to reset the trip computer?

I think I will finish up now, thanks all for reading my thoughts. If you have any questions or answers to my questions please let me know!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Guildenstern
or Rosencrantz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 128i

Garage List
2008 128i Coupe  [0.00]
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...sQvkfpGiwwYPU=

There's also a book that should have come with your car, It tells you how your car works.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
flyburch
Private
Rep
Drives: none

reset trip computer with tiny button on the left bottom side of the dash board by speedo
Appreciate 0