BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
135is production started.

person on the phone told me it started a few days ago. NOW finally the website has updated! I feel a little bit better now....knowing that is definitely happening! haha.

Ordered the car July 23rd.

Supposedly production started Wednesday (July 31) and will end August 12th according to them.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Use the 1-800# instead for status updates. It's 1-2 days ahead of the website and typically has just a 1 day lag to real life.

However, I will warn you in advance, many of us were seeing 3-4 day lags even on the phone system after they hopped on a boat, leaving some of us upset and thinking we missed the boat. They sure know how to toy with our emotions. Would have given anything for real life status the way the dealer can see it. =(
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Use the 1-800# instead for status updates. It's 1-2 days ahead of the website and typically has just a 1 day lag to real life.

However, I will warn you in advance, many of us were seeing 3-4 day lags even on the phone system after they hopped on a boat, leaving some of us upset and thinking we missed the boat. They sure know how to toy with our emotions. Would have given anything for real life status the way the dealer can see it. =(
which 1-800 number are you referring to? i called one of them on Wednesday and was told that it had gone into production that day....so you're right, a 1-2 day delay on the website it seems.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Fume
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Nice! Coincidentally, my N51 128i which I ordered on July 14 just showed it went into production today on the website as well .

Kind of worries me though that the website doesn't seem to actually show the options I ordered other than the colour scheme. I got the invoice from the sales agent so I'm pretty sure they entered the options correctly.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fume View Post
Nice! Coincidentally, my N51 128i which I ordered on July 14 just showed it went into production today on the website as well .

Kind of worries me though that the website doesn't seem to actually show the options I ordered other than the colour scheme. I got the invoice from the sales agent so I'm pretty sure they entered the options correctly.

very nice!! so our cars may be on the same ship later next month....HOPEFULLY! lol.....nice colour combination too on the LMB and Oyster.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
which 1-800 number are you referring to? i called one of them on Wednesday and was told that it had gone into production that day....so you're right, a 1-2 day delay on the website it seems.
Ya, you're good and have the right #. And nothing will change or happen until it completes production. Then the real fun begins of having no clue when it will get on a boat and what boat it will get on. Then, you'll start looking at schedules and trying to figure it out, and you'll hit rock bottom when you think you know the boat and find yourself at midnight taking screenshots from the port's webcam of the boat pulling in and loading up and then leaving, too.

Luckily, nothing like that happened to me. O=|
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
Fume
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
very nice!! so our cars may be on the same ship later next month....HOPEFULLY! lol.....nice colour combination too on the LMB and Oyster.
Yeah hopefully! The wait is killing me

I like the deep sea blue too! I couldn't find an example to see in person when I ordered so I went with the LMB which I have seen and knew I liked. Wish the configurator images reflected the actual colour better.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Ya, you're good and have the right #. And nothing will change or happen until it completes production. Then the real fun begins of having no clue when it will get on a boat and what boat it will get on. Then, you'll start looking at schedules and trying to figure it out, and you'll hit rock bottom when you think you know the boat and find yourself at midnight taking screenshots from the port's webcam of the boat pulling in and loading up and then leaving, too.

LOL. sounds like you were traumatized!

when do we get a VIN? after production?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Yeah hopefully! The wait is killing me

I like the deep sea blue too! I couldn't find an example to see in person when I ordered so I went with the LMB which I have seen and knew I liked. Wish the configurator images reflected the actual colour better.
yeah the configurator colours are a joke!! i just sat around googling every combination until i decided.....but even now i keep googling images, out of addiction? lol
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB 17 M3

What's up with all these Blue 1 series..I feel like im the only one who have AW on order
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
LOL. sounds like you were traumatized!

when do we get a VIN? after production?
I found a sneaky trick to find my vin #, trying to remember how. I think when I went on the bmw site where you're tracking it, I clicked on like edit/add/delete vehicles, and when i clicked on mine after it said production started, and think i clicked delete vehicle, it asked me, are you sure?! and in some window there, it listed a big long number or maybe the last 7 of the vin, which i then plugged into one of those vin decoders and it gave me the full vin, which i used both for my own knowledge and to double check all the options, too, mostly to see if it had comfort access since there was a weird glitch in the system pertaining to that.

I just don't know if that happened AFTER production completed or what. Your sales person will have the vin, too. He later confirmed it was indeed my vin.

Here was our thread from our attempts to figure out our boat and some pics I posted if you get bored:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819017
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
I found a sneaky trick to find my vin #, trying to remember how. I think when I went on the bmw site where you're tracking it, I clicked on like edit/add/delete vehicles, and when i clicked on mine after it said production started, and think i clicked delete vehicle, it asked me, are you sure?! and in some window there, it listed a big long number or maybe the last 7 of the vin, which i then plugged into one of those vin decoders and it gave me the full vin, which i used both for my own knowledge and to double check all the options, too, mostly to see if it had comfort access since there was a weird glitch in the system pertaining to that.

I just don't know if that happened AFTER production completed or what. Your sales person will have the vin, too. He later confirmed it was indeed my vin.

Here was our thread from our attempts to figure out our boat and some pics I posted if you get bored:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819017
wow it worked! just got the last 7 of my VIN using that trick...thanks man! where do i decode this? wasn't there a russian site where we could enter the last 7 to see some info on the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
Then the real fun begins of having no clue when it will get on a boat and what boat it will get on. Then, you'll start looking at schedules and trying to figure it out, and you'll hit rock bottom when you think you know the boat and find yourself at midnight taking screenshots from the port's webcam of the boat pulling in and loading up and then leaving, too.

nooooo, that CERTAINLY didn't happen here either.....and I NEVER used this site to track the ship movement all the way from Bremerhaven to Baltimore:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

OP, great build, welcome to the "waiting game"
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
wow it worked! just got the last 7 of my VIN using that trick...thanks man! where do i decode this? wasn't there a russian site where we could enter the last 7 to see some info on the car?
Check these:

www.bmwvin.com

www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Damn I'm good! I only stumbled on that trick because when I was tracking my current car, the site still had the info from my OLD 135 from back in 2008 saved in there. When I went to delete that one eventually, I noticed it showed what I remembered was the last 7 of its vin and then got the same info on the one I had in production.

Always fun to then see it in the decoder as well. At the time I ordered, for some reason comfort access was listed as a $0 stand-alone option you could check. Dealer was adamant that it was wrong and that he was worried I'd get charged for it when the car arrived. I said, that's their problem, it's listed as a $0 option, i'll take free comfort access (since I didn't get premium package). Sure enough, there it was in the decoder with 322 I think the code was. Voila, free comfort access. They recently fixed the glitch and it's now back to a $500 option. =)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Fume
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Damn I'm good! I only stumbled on that trick because when I was tracking my current car, the site still had the info from my OLD 135 from back in 2008 saved in there. When I went to delete that one eventually, I noticed it showed what I remembered was the last 7 of its vin and then got the same info on the one I had in production.

Always fun to then see it in the decoder as well. At the time I ordered, for some reason comfort access was listed as a $0 stand-alone option you could check. Dealer was adamant that it was wrong and that he was worried I'd get charged for it when the car arrived. I said, that's their problem, it's listed as a $0 option, i'll take free comfort access (since I didn't get premium package). Sure enough, there it was in the decoder with 322 I think the code was. Voila, free comfort access. They recently fixed the glitch and it's now back to a $500 option. =)
Nice find. I tried the trick to get the VIN and entered it in the bmwvin site someone put but doesn't work. I have a feeling it's because it's too new right now. Probably will try again later.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB 17 M3

GUYS!!

Is this true my car will be here in 2 weeks?

Order on 7/4

Per my dealer :

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Nice find. I tried the trick to get the VIN and entered it in the bmwvin site someone put but doesn't work. I have a feeling it's because it's too new right now. Probably will try again later.
Ya, you may need to wait a few days until it's further along in production as I think it takes a couple of days just to do the frame and paint even.

Also, I've read a lot of stories where the options listed on the tracking site are wrong, or initially wrong, and eventually change. Mine showed I think space gray with coral for a few days, then no options, then finally all my correct details (though no comfort access and maybe one other option wasn't listed).
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/ changed so you have to register now to search. They also limit the number of vins that you can check
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/ changed so you have to register now to search. They also limit the number of vins that you can check
You mean the new BP-BAMA rule. =P
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M235i

Must be they didn't like us clogging up the works
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #22
Bama335