BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
snoopin
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series E90 M sport

Morning Guys

I had my rear disks and pads repalced at a local garage around 8 months ago but they didnt have the rear sensor to replace it so i was advised that the warning light was still on... which i was ok with. I finally got round to replacing it last night which was fairly straight forward, once replaced i reset the read brake pad counter and the light went out... hooray.

I took the car out for a test drive to make sure it stayed of and after 8 months i had no warning light :-)

However....

This morning i get in the car and the light is back on along with the red ramp .. on further investigation (pressing and holding the trip reset) its not for the rear brake pads as they show 80000km but its the yellow ABS symbol?

I have checked that i didnt disconnect the sensors last night

Any ideas??

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
snoopin
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series E90 M sport

I know i didnt get any help on this one but thought id post me own reply..

The light went out on its own..

Very odd
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Humm... I was gonna suggest you need a "hard" reset. Sometimes IF you wait too long after a brake job with a new sensor... you can use my DIY to reset the brake pad wear light. You need a dealer with a GT1 to reset it. I am glad your light is out now. I hope for good too.
Appreciate 0