BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #67
jose325i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Wow, I didn't know people were so worried of 135i maintenance that they opted for the 128i.

The HPFP is really a non-issue as of now. The turbos are a known wear and tear item that will need replacement at high mileage on any turbo car. Intake valves need periodic cleaning on all direct injection engines, including the 128i.

A modified 135 will need a charge pipe/diverter valve upgrade. Ignition coils/spark plugs done an extra once or twice. Maybe injector replacement once, and turbos sooner. That's not bad at all considering those engines are putting out 400whp+.

I guess some could be scared off coming from a japanese car, but coming from an e46 325i (and pretty much any BMW before that), the 135i is a much more powerful and reliable car, and has lower maintenance costs to boot.