BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

HELP! Can't put headlight cover back on

In an attempt to install Lux angels eyes myself, (which failed), I can't get the passenger side cover back on.

Anyone in or close to north hollywood willing to come by and help? I'll pay. Pleaseeeee.

UPDATE 1: Fixed it BUT lost the end of a screw driver down the engine bay. Hopefully it'll fall out.

UPDATE 2: Got the screwdriver out. Thanks to a local garage. Took them less than 10 minutes to get it out by removing the plastic panel on the bottom of the car.

Last edited by tranism; 03-26-2012 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Solved
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

hahaha

oh man, it really can be a pain in the ass. next time you try to dig in there just remember that it's supposed to be hard, then it's supposed to be easy... kinda like breaking in a virg...

hm, perhaps i say too much. it helps to feel down and get a good mental picture of where it needs to end up. did you secure the ballasts? if not, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

but when it's actually available from amazon, and like 5 dollars cheaper (should be ~4 bucks or less) is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
hahaha

oh man, it really can be a pain in the ass. next time you try to dig in there just remember that it's supposed to be hard, then it's supposed to be easy... kinda like breaking in a virg...

hm, perhaps i say too much. it helps to feel down and get a good mental picture of where it needs to end up. did you secure the ballasts? if not, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

but when it's actually available from amazon, and like 5 dollars cheaper (should be ~4 bucks or less) is fantastic.
I chickened out. Once I realized how hard it was to work with the cover, I gave up on even attempting to install the Lux. I think I'll leave the installation to professionals. Sucks because I really really wanted to see them on. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

aw, it's not that bad. actually the video posted up in the diy forum was somewhat helpful.

when you pull out the stock bulb, look down at how the connector is oriented before you twist it out, then look at how the lux bulb's connection would seat into it. drop that in, velcro the ballast in place, then have at it.

the results are worth the pain
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #5
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep

Quote:
aw, it's not that bad. actually the video posted up in the diy forum was somewhat helpful.

when you pull out the stock bulb, look down at how the connector is oriented before you twist it out, then look at how the lux bulb's connection would seat into it. drop that in, velcro the ballast in place, then have at it.

Come do it for me and I'll pay you.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
JefryHorizon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bus Pass

LCI headlights.... so angry
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

the 1-series covers have always been a pain to work with. Glad you were able to get the lights installed finally!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
the 1-series covers have always been a pain to work with. Glad you were able to get the lights installed finally!!
I actually never installed it. Was too scared to even try after failing to deal with the cover. The Lux lights are still sitting on my kitchen countertop.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hey man, Text me. Lost your number.
Appreciate 0