BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
ybssw
Rep
Drives: 1m

about BMW Performance Seats

Hi guys,

I bought a pair of BMW performance seats, which has heated seat function. But my car doesn't have the heated seats option. So I am just wondering if I can code my car and make the performance seats heat function work my my non-heated 1M?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

- installing a new Airco controls unit with heated seats buttons or options switch block underneath it (plugs into the airco controls unit) and programming (vehicle option code $494) are the easier parts.

- If you're going for OEM equivalent install: depending on which part of 'nowhere' your car is from, you may need to wire from the fusebox with 4mm2 wire for power (test 1: do you have fuses 45 & 46 filled?) and equal wire size grounding, leading to the foot well grounding points that are separate for the both seats.

Ask your dealer workshop foreman to support you with WDS print-out of heated seat wiring. (I don't have them).
Appreciate 0