BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #45
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
BMR Autowerkes ordered it in for me. Not rush especially during uni exam period.

YOU YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS AND YOUR CARBON FIBRE BITS.
Ah right

ps. I want Slek's lip bad!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #46
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I can't hear a drone in my car.

My exhaust has changed tone slightly, the rasp up top sounds more refined now
that's good to know, I'd heard some exhaust and down pipe setups caused an annoying drone, particularly if the exhaust doesn't have any resonators.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #47
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
that's good to know, I'd heard some exhaust and down pipe setups caused an annoying drone, particularly if the exhaust doesn't have any resonators.
Just a disclaimer my tolerance to drone may be higher then some people thus not noticing it
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #48
Maxicono
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i BSM/Coral Red

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
If I'm running bone stock, is it wiser to invest in my exhaust first --> Downpipes?

I know every Service Advisor is different, but do they typically notice something like this off the bat? Looking to preserve my warranty on my lease :P

The ones from **********s look like a great deal: http://www.**********s.com/AR-Design...-135i-335i.htm
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #49
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxicono View Post
If I'm running bone stock, is it wiser to invest in my exhaust first --> Downpipes?

I know every Service Advisor is different, but do they typically notice something like this off the bat? Looking to preserve my warranty on my lease :P

The ones from **********s look like a great deal: http://www.**********s.com/AR-Design...-135i-335i.htm
Personally given the choice of the two dp's win hands down every time. But you will need either dp fix or a tune to avoid cel for o2 warning. If you don't have a tune that would/should be no1 on your list
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #50
TEAM SLO
Slo'est E90 around
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i gone, 2011 335IX e90 6mt

I got the AR Design downpipe for my N55 a couple weeks back. Loving every minute of it. Install was a breeze, was done in just under an hour. Everything else is stock.

What I love besides the quality piece is that you can stay light on the throttle and it sounds 100% stock....super quiet. On the other hand, once you get on the throttle semi aggressive, the exhaust note changes.

It's nice having it quite when you want it to be, not like my Trailblazer SS with the LS2 where it's always loud.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55

Hey guys;

Spoke to HP Autowerks, if we want the Siek lip he can probably send in 5 lips to Australia at one time and the postage will be cheaper.

If we order individually, it cost $650 USD for postage alone.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #52
TEAM SLO
Slo'est E90 around
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i gone, 2011 335IX e90 6mt

Quote:

I had a brief discussion with my service advisor....same guy that many of my buddies use. Intake and exhaust was ok, for myself, I consider the downpipe as part of the exhaust since it carries all the exhaust gases.

But yes, they will notice it right away.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #53
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:

My recommendation would be to do both and live life without limits

Having said that, I'd always recommend doing a tune first. A tune is removable at any time and you will dyno around 235kw on a completely stock car. At the last dyno day a member on here dyno'd at 187kw on a completely stock car with downpipes.

What people don't realise is the tune brings out the gains in all your bolt-ons. For eg, dp's may only give 3kw on a stock car and 15kw on a modded car (I made those numbers up though).

Also, if you install dp's there is a chance you will void your warranty if they see it and they are as clear as daisy when the car is up on a hoist. Plus you will throw codes unless you have a JB4/procede installed to delete the codes it throws, otherwise you need an o2 sim fix.
Appreciate 0