BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #45
marih
marih
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i M sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
After a long wait the car has eventually arrived. Look at the black grill I asked the dealer to install for me. It looks so nice with the white background. The wheel is clean for now but already gathering brake dust after a 30km drive today.

You can see Leah my dealer lady in the background, on the phone selling cars!~

I also received a delivery gift. I asked if there were any freebies. So there it is. It is low quality fabric but there is an alloy wheel like wheelie wheel… and a BMW badge.

Then we set the kids seats. The younger one has a new harness in my car. They quickly went asleep as the car is quiet.

Finally I took some pictures of the portable sat nav, which is just a re-batched Garmin Nuvi. It is rather nice coz it is a word recognition model, so it was about $700 2 years ago when we got our old Garmin. It now prob not worth much. It is bluetooth able too, but the car has voice recognition phone system and it works well. I even dial home by calling the number using voice only.

More photos in good location soon.
Congrats Taka!
Where is my 125i!!! I really can't wait..
Are there any other gals out there driving at 125i - tell me what its like??
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #46
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, 440i GC

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marih View Post
Congrats Taka!
Where is my 125i!!! I really can't wait..
Are there any other gals out there driving at 125i - tell me what its like??
Taka got a 135i not a 125i 125i is an awesome car, you will love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #47
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
They asked $850 before....

In other makes (German but not BMW), they are around $600 mark. I guess the tint material is expensive.
Taka, I've only recently been quoted $295 to get it done with 3M film, with a lifetime warranty from 3M. That's from the guys that BMW Sydney get to do their work.

Speaking to the guy, he knew all about the challenges relating to the dot matrix, and the auto window drop - and how to overcome them.

Hope that's of some use in your negotiations
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #48
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Thanks... well the fact that "they are skin cancer council endorsed .... blah blah blah... they are far superior film that you can get in any other place", "they do cut down glare by 75%, heat by 65% and UV by 99.9%". It is not some tint that ruin the concour of the interior. "It will see some interior features at day time and darken at night times to give a bit of security"

I give up - I will cough up my C/C...
      05-11-2009, 02:52 AM   #49
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i, 97 GTR VSpec

Quote:
I start to get annoyed by the gap before the throttle gets to open the butterfly in the throttle body . The cure will be a sprint booster and I have to get one soon because I have been burning wheels on my Japan made 4WD because its throttle is designed for a much lighter footed Japanese.
same, you punch it sometimes and got that delay there before whatever opens and reacts.

One more thing is the peddles are too far to the right because the gearbox tunnel is too large. Im still getting use to it but to sit there with my foot on the throttle my right leg is then angled to the right of the seat which rests up against my thigh which causes a bit of a discomfort. I'm 6"4 and still haven't found my preffered seating position after 1500km's.

And yeah, the aircon in auto mode does suck a bit.. I just got my gtr's aircon regassed and it is so damn cold compared to the 135's *shrug*

And one more thing, I wish in the options you could change the indicators to go from either 1, 3, 5 or 7 flashes. 3 just isn't enough, 5 or 7 would be great.

Other than that, awesome car.. love the torque delivery. soooo smooth and never have to rev the crap out of it to get it moving.
      05-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #50
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3 flashes is designed for changing lanes, and if you push the indicator lever further down it flashes until you've turned the corner........
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #51
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Yes, but only 3 flashes to change lanes?? I got used to it be now anyway - I just don't use the 3 flashes thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #52
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3 flashes is designed for changing lanes, and if you push the indicator lever further down it flashes until you've turned the corner........
I know, but the 3 flashes i don't think is long enough, its stopped flashing before i've even made it over the line.

I think it should be an option in the software, would take some programmer two seconds to have an extra option to chose from.
      05-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #53
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Hey Taka, have you thought about the BMW screens for the rear side and rear windows?

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=screens

I have them and they are really good, easy removal for cleaning and they don't scratch etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #54
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

I completely agree with the 3 flashes on the indicator

Perhaps I'm not entitled to a view, as my 135 is still on a boat (around Baltimore USA, I think), but I have been borrowing demo's from my dealer recently, and they all have the 1 flash / 3 flash thingy.

It IS for changing lanes, and I view it this way. If you drive like everyone else on the road WILL do something stupid, you're more likely to stay out of trouble - that's an old folks comment since I'm 50yo - but I also like to drive in a "spirited" fashion, and I have never lost my license (goodness knows how??)

When changing lanes, you want to signal your intentions (I'm going to move across). I'm moving across (assuming it's clear - here I come). And perhaps 1 or 2 just to make sure.

As opposed to -- OOPS! So sorry I cut you off -- SORRY AGAIN! But I'm Oh pleased you missed me (apologetic wave to the drive behind that now thinks you're a typical BMW driver -- "CO(K" as Clarkson likes to describe them) - I'd hate it if you hit my new BMW. Panel beating and insurance are soooo expensive in these European cars. But it is good one of us is paying attention to what's going on around us while we're driving. -- Carry on everyone!!!

It's really just common sense when you think about it. I find I just put on the indicator (same as if I'm turning a corner), and cancel it when I'm safely in the lane.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #55
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep

yeah, ive started to just flick it all the way on and then turn it off.

Going to write a letter to bmw aus/germany requesting this feature in a software upgrade. It'll never happen but you never know
      05-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #56
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

I just hold the lever down or up without actually clicking it fully, then just release when lane change is complete.

Last edited by oldman; 05-11-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #57
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Hey Taka, have you thought about the BMW screens for the rear side and rear windows?

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=screens

I have them and they are really good, easy removal for cleaning and they don't scratch etc.
Hmmm they are nice for the kids, but they are hardly in my car.

How much are they anyway?
      05-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #58
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I just hold the lever down without actually clicking it fully, then just release when lane change is complete.
Same here for long lane changing..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #59
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

i was driving on the unlimited autobahn to berlin recently in a crap rental A180 with max speed of 180kph and if someone thinks your going too slow in the fast lane(quite a few did) you get the three left hand blinker flashes, "hurry ze f__k up x 3", in german.
i think ze germans like the three flashes.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #60
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

may be that's really what they are for - not to indicate to change lens, but to tell the person in front of you to change lanes - certainly I would like that a lot better than the Aussie way - tailgating
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #61
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

unfortunately they combine the two, europeans have no issues at all with sitting 20mm off your arse with the left hand blinker on cursing your slow tourist driving. that said germans are the best drivers i have ever seen, not one sat in the fast lane if the lane to the right was free even for a couple hundred meters.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #62
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
unfortunately they combine the two, europeans have no issues at all with sitting 20mm off your arse with the left hand blinker on cursing your slow tourist driving. that said germans are the best drivers i have ever seen, not one sat in the fast lane if the lane to the right was free even for a couple hundred meters.
So hence they were sitting on your ar$e cause you should have moved out of there way long before they had the opportunity to.

I too love Autobahns. I spent 4 days driving on them a couple of years back, also in rentals, but getting a 911 rental up to 234km/h was the highlight. Could have gone faster but I ran out of balls when I nearly went up the ar$e of the van that pulled into the fast lane....about 150 metres up ahead, but at that speed I was still hard on the brakes flying past him as he ducked back in.
      05-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #63
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Hmmm they are nice for the kids, but they are hardly in my car.

How much are they anyway?
If I recall they were ~$200 for the set, looks like tint from the outside and fit like one would expect of a factory ad on.

Similar in appearance, inside and out, to the electric one in my M rear window.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #64
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Hey Taka, I haven't even seen your car yet! Actually I haven't driven mine for a long time. Hope it still starts. Hehe.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #65
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

You are hiding from us... you know we can only be at either of the places this week and next week...

I eventually got the window tinted by Motorone (@ stealership). I twisted Leah's arm to give me her car for the day, it was a fully optioned 325i. I could not find dad to show him that though. It is quite nice for my old man. The TV is kind of frustrating until you are out of the concrete jungle... how come people in Hong Kong all wanted that???

05-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #66
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Dude, that reminds me. I haven't been to the new house either! When is the invite huh? FB me the address again. I will ride my Ducati down to see the house and car. Are you staying there or the old place?

Is Leah's car the new digital tv or the old analog one? Oh btw, can you also FB me Nelson's number? I need someone to install the extinguisher or we won't be racing next weekend!

Hi Mia.
Appreciate 0