BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
JN2009
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Iphone without Glove box kit

What I need to play my Iphone song in my car ? I make some search but I'm
confuse with the audio option .I have the premium sound package but Not the glove box kit ? I have 2 conection under armrest and that's it.I can listen
with it ? I try to reach my sellerman but it left.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Jammer005
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Cab

If you have an audio jack and USB port underneath your armrest then you have 2 choices. You can simply purchase an inexpensive stereo cable (mini jack to mini jack) into your iPhone and then other end of the mini plug into the audio jack and you will be able to hear your songs through your stereo - using your iPhone to control the audio selections. You will not be able to use BMW controls for the playlist, volume, etc.
However, if you get your hands on a 6FL cable also known as a Y cable then you will be able to control your audio selections through your stereo and steering wheel buttons. The 6FL cable has one end which plugs into the connector on the bottom of your iPhone and the other end has 2 connectors (audio jack and USB jack) and there is a good chance that this will also charge your iPhone.

2006 BMW 330xi, 2002 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro, 2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro, 1992 Honda Accord EX-R, 1984 Nissan 300ZX, 1982 TR-7, 1977 Camaro Rally Sport & 1972 Datsun 1200 Fast Back
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
JN2009
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvnjmpl View Post
If you have an audio jack and USB port underneath your armrest then you have 2 choices. You can simply purchase an inexpensive stereo cable (mini jack to mini jack) into your iPhone and then other end of the mini plug into the audio jack and you will be able to hear your songs through your stereo - using your iPhone to control the audio selections. You will not be able to use BMW controls for the playlist, volume, etc.
However, if you get your hands on a 6FL cable also known as a Y cable then you will be able to control your audio selections through your stereo and steering wheel buttons. The 6FL cable has one end which plugs into the connector on the bottom of your iPhone and the other end has 2 connectors (audio jack and USB jack) and there is a good chance that this will also charge your iPhone.
Fantastic ! Tanks.
I want this because , ok Mp3 cd is good but is more fast to put in the phone .
Now with a Mp3 cd and Iphone conected.Your are good for a long trip
Appreciate 0