BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Talking My take on BMW PE + AR DP

Firstly let me say the bad part - it took my shop till 9 PM to get it all installed he didnt start till 3 thinking that it was a quick job!

Pretty much took them from 3 PM to 8 PM to install the DP and the rest of the time was for the BMW PE and putting everything back together, I was watching them after work and there is definitely very little room to work in there! It looked like a painful experience installing those downpipes!

One thing that I was annoyed at was that they damaged my diffuser as they yanked the stock exhaust out - pretty much cracked a little bit of it but they told me to bring it in on Monday and they will fix it. Hopefully it turns out really well.

The first time they start the car all I could say was O M G the exhaust sounds freaking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I can't believe how loud it sounds during a cold start - I love it!!!! Not to mention all those burbles that it produces omg I think I actually jizz in my pants right then and there.

Though this experience is nothing compare to when you drive the car. Hearing those turbo spooling (Due to downpipes) and hearing the exhaust change from a deep tone to a high pitch wail! This combo of AR DP and BMW PE is definitely the best!!!

The actual sounds that you hear in real life is nothing compare to what you hear on youtube. It sounds like 10x better in real life!!!

It is very unfortunate that this weekend is double demerit, the few times I went WOT man the sound that it produces is intoxicating...

The power gain that you gain from the DP is quite substantial, my car spools up so much faster and it feels crazy fast, I love it. I think is time for FMIC + meth I need more power!!!!!!!

I definitely recommend everyone to get BMW PE with AR DP it is definitely an awesome combo.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Glad you're happy with it mate... Bit shitty about the Diffuser - hopefully they'll make good...
      10-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

I fitted my own PE. They should have taken the diffuser off as it only takes a few minutes. You then can get to the exhaust rubber mounts without having to yank anything.
Hope they replace it for you.
      10-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Congrats mate. Dp's really are a great mod for the N54.
With summer just around the corner why not compliment those DP's with a nice ETS IC.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Just also remember that the DP's will be loud to being with but they do settle a little. Cold starts will still be loud though, but after a week or so it should settle. I remember when I had the DPs installed my car shook like it was about to explode!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Glad you're happy with it mate... Bit shitty about the Diffuser - hopefully they'll make good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I fitted my own PE. They should have taken the diffuser off as it only takes a few minutes. You then can get to the exhaust rubber mounts without having to yank anything.
Hope they replace it for you.
Yeah I think they will, they seem to be guys that put a lot of effort in getting customer satisfaction. Not many shops would work till 9 on a long weekend to get my car done I think. So let's see what happens on Monday.

On hind sight I did think they should have taken off the diffuser, oh well can't do much now.

Time to get that BMW pe mate, hurry up and move

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Congrats mate. Dp's really are a great mod for the N54.
With summer just around the corner why not compliment those DP's with a nice ETS IC.
I'm looking for the best quote right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Just also remember that the DP's will be loud to being with but they do settle a little. Cold starts will still be loud though, but after a week or so it should settle. I remember when I had the DPs installed my car shook like it was about to explode!
Ahh I did feel my car shook a bit more, good to know it will settle. I love the loudness of cold start, even they were impressed haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I think I actually jizz in my pants right then and there.
I'm fucking sold. Ordering PE now. DPs really do give that loud turbo spool and high pitched wail.

I CAN SEE THE EXCITEMENT IN THE NUMBER OF EXCLAMATIONS MARKS YOU HAVE USED.

We certainly seem to be matching mod buddies You need to grab a CP and BOV/DV!

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
I'm fucking sold. Ordering PE now. DPs really do give that loud turbo spool and high pitched wail.

Awesome you won't be disappointed! I was so excited all annoyance brought up from my diffuser being damaged was gone

My girlfriend told me my face turn from a pissed off look to a big smile the instant the car started for the first time. That smile somehow got bigger when I heard it rev

Im like you but 20 years younger

I don't want to get cp and bov since if I decide to get the PWM meth kit in the future I need to use the cp that it comes with right?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
ippykaye
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post

LOL! Dibs shotgun first ride for aural entertainment, seeing as Rey's car is too far away to hear!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
ansch
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

does it sound like this?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
I don't want to get cp and bov since if I decide to get the PWM meth kit in the future I need to use the cp that it comes with right?
When you get the kit, you have two options. Have the long charge pipe which incorporates the elbow with the meth bung, or, get the short charge pipe, then get a meth elbow later.

It's probably cheaper to get the long one from the start though. Either way, you will definitely need a new charge pipe when you get a meth kit.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

I can't wait to see/hear your car cold tomorrow morning!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye View Post
LOL! Dibs shotgun first ride for aural entertainment, seeing as Rey's car is too far away to hear!
Come to Perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansch View Post
does it sound like this?
That video does not justify the sound in real life - is so much better then that! I saw that video too when I was buying it.

Quote:
When you get the kit, you have two options. Have the long charge pipe which incorporates the elbow with the meth bung, or, get the short charge pipe, then get a meth elbow later.

It's probably cheaper to get the long one from the start though. Either way, you will definitely need a new charge pipe when you get a meth kit.
Ahh fair enough - I think I want to get the FMIC next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny View Post
I can't wait to see/hear your car cold tomorrow morning!
Lol it is quite loud - I went to the gym this morning and I could barely speak to my dad over the exhaust sound on cold start.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
Honny
Captain
Rep

I like them loud.... shut the garage door next time it will be even better.
BTW what time tomorrow?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #15
Trexx
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i / AW M2

I hate threads like this. It makes me spend money (just when I thought I was in a happy place).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #16
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Ahh fair enough - I think I want to get the FMIC next.

Get meth before FMIC, better bang for buck.

I thought I could resist getting the PE but now you're causing me trouble again!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny View Post
I like them loud.... shut the garage door next time it will be even better.
BTW what time tomorrow?
ahhaa i don't want to wake up the neighbours.

what time are you planning to try out the GTR? come before then? I may come with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexx View Post
I hate threads like this. It makes me spend money (just when I thought I was in a happy place).
Hahha feel my pain - blame it on Harlequin he was the one that started the thread that made me buy the exhaust so all blame goes to him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Get meth before FMIC, better bang for buck.

I thought I could resist getting the PE but now you're causing me trouble again!
That's true but I figure the FMIC is low maintenance you don't need to refill and less problematic.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
That's true but I figure the FMIC is low maintenance you don't need to refill and less problematic.
I've had no problems at all with my meth kit and did the install myself.

It's been almost a month since I've had to fill the washer bottle so for me it's been smooth sailing all the way. I highly recommend it. Meth comes on every day I drive the car but I'm not on WOT for long on my commutes.
I fill up with petrol each week which is far more often than meth.

It's really an easy system to live with.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #19
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
I've had no problems at all with my meth kit and did the install myself.

It's been almost a month since I've had to fill the washer bottle so for me it's been smooth sailing all the way. I highly recommend it. Meth comes on every day I drive the car but I'm not on WOT for long on my commutes.
I fill up with petrol each week which is far more often than meth.

It's really an easy system to live with.
+1

Plus if you go the FMIC, then meth later on, the improvement the FMIC has isn't very big once you have meth as it cools down the air a fair bit anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #20
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
+1

Plus if you go the FMIC, then meth later on, the improvement the FMIC has isn't very big once you have meth as it cools down the air a fair bit anyway.
Very True Richard. Best is to have the IC and the meth. Best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Awesome you won't be disappointed! I was so excited all annoyance brought up from my diffuser being damaged was gone

My girlfriend told me my face turn from a pissed off look to a big smile the instant the car started for the first time. That smile somehow got bigger when I heard it rev

Im like you but 20 years younger

Nope, you can just order the CP now with the meth elbow and bung. My ER CP is meth ready!

I'm suggesting CP because my stock one blew off - so on higher boost you should really invest in one.

And you're really 1 year old? That's some well developed motor skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye View Post
You'll be the first to know when it goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexx View Post
A modder's work is never over

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #22
Honny
Captain
Rep

Quote:
ahhaa i don't want to wake up the neighbours.
what time are you planning to try out the GTR? come before then? I may come with you
Rey, im trying to view a private one tomorrow morning, however the guy hasn't got back to me yet. Dealer said they cant get the specific used 09 GTR i'm interested in so i'll most likely have to wait until next week. However they said i'm more than happy to see the MY10/11 GTR but thats slightly irrelevant.

So how about lets say 9:30-10:00am ish? i'm happy to do anytime mate! lets hope one of the private GTR sellers get back to me tomorrow!
Appreciate 0