BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3

Garage List
What Are FACTORY Alignment Specs for 135i M-sport?

Every thread I dig up is for recommended non-factory specs...

PS: Mods please keep here for now, can move to suspension later but prefer a wider audience since I'm looking at factory, not aftermarket info.
      06-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post

PS: Mods please keep here for now, can move to suspension later but prefer a wider audience since I'm looking at factory, not aftermarket info.
Funny thing you mention this.

I was talking to the BMW dealership and since they got new machines, they do not provide specs on the actual alignment.

So, they would scan a VIN and that would correspond to the exact car. And they just adjust a parameter until it shows green. AKA they do not have any specific knowledge on the exact alignment.

Just interesting to note.

Besides that, can't offer anything besides it's probably 1* of camber up front, perhaps 1/16th of toe in perhaps and 1.5* camber out back with 1/8th?

Just a wild guess
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post

Funny thing you mention this.

I was talking to the BMW dealership and since they got new machines, they do not provide specs on the actual alignment.

So, they would scan a VIN and that would correspond to the exact car. And they just adjust a parameter until it shows green. AKA they do not have any specific knowledge on the exact alignment.

Just interesting to note.

Besides that, can't offer anything besides it's probably 1* of camber up front, perhaps 1/16th of toe in perhaps and 1.5* camber out back with 1/8th?

Just a wild guess
That is interesting. Didn't know it was as "automated" as that is. "Let's change this until it lights up green."

Hm.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Silenus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

If I remember correctly, the toe-in is 9 in the rear, and 7 up front. Rear camber is around -1.5 degrees and maybe -1.3 in the front.
Appreciate 0