BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
CanadianScud
Registered
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2008 125i E82

AC Schnitzer VIII 19x8.5 on 125i

I would love your input on the topic of how to solve rubbing problem I have created "knowingly".

Background: I recently moved to Singapore where cars are amazingly expensive. I sold my e92 M3 2007 in Australia and had to add 30K on top to be able to buy a 2008 125 in Singapore. Naturally like most people here I love driving and like my ride sporty and fun. I started modifying the 125i and first thing to go were the run-flats. I had ACS 19" on my M3 so I opted for a set of those. The ASC VIII are 19x8.5 with fit rings as part if the kit designed for BMW all models.

Problem with my 125i in Singapore is that it did'nt have the M sport pkg. So, to make the 19" enjoyable on the 125 I upgraded the suspension to KWv1. To ensure I had the right grip I got a set of Yokohama Z rated 225/40 in front and 255/30 in the back.

Since then, I have changed the air intake, K&N filter, SKN engine remap and added BMW perf. Oversize breaks and strut tower brace as well and upgraded the stereo to BMW HK...Lots of toys.

Problem: the ride is fantastic but when I hit a dip in the road or take a steep ramp at speed rear tyre rubs at the outer edge of wheel arch/ fender.

So far the advice I've received is not to role the rear fender since there is not much lip on those on 125i. So if I want to keep the size I think I need to either beef up the suspension again or change the camber or...?

I would love your input and Exprience with creating such problem as such and solving it...

All because we can :-)

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0