BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
moscowchris
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i + more

Newbie bluetooth challenge - tried searching without help

All,

I recently picked up a used 135i and am really happy with it, fun little car and much more reliable than the car I traded in for it Unfortunately being Russia, warrrantly is already over

I have RTFM and searched forum for solution but without success

Problem is as follows:

when I first tried pairing a phone following the instructions and using i-drive (telephone - settings - pairing - start pairing - etc.. ) I get the message that it started and that I should choose a pin when prompted.

Everything was fine - paired - made a call - I was happy.

Next morning - selected communication and the happy iDrive system informed me that no phone was paired and so I went through the pairing procedure again... This time I have a problem - my phone (I have now tried 4 different all supposedly compatible phones) does not see BMW-XXXXX - it seems like iDrive thinks it is starting the pairing process - but nothing is 'coming out of the antenna '

I have tried rebooting iDrive (volume + eject button), I have tried rebooting all the phones... perhaps a connection is loose somewhere but not sure where the units are that I'd be looking for.

Any suggestions as to a next step?

Thanks

Chris
2005 135i; 2002 Esprit V8GT; 1999 Silvia S15; 1995 Skyline GTR
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Do you have any BLuetooth devices in the house which the phone is paired to?

I know that I have a BT handset system at work that pairs to my phone, and my phone is paired to my wife's car's BT as well. If I leave work without manually disconnecting the BT link from my handset to the work-handset system, my cellular handset won't pair to the car.

If my wife starts her car before I start mine, my handset pairs to her car, and then my handset doesn't pair to my car.

So I would make sure that you test without the handset linked to anything else, just to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
moscowchris
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i + more

The phone is only paired with one other device (my tom-tom) but that is in the UK a few thousand kliks from here and I haven't been paired with it for a while. I have now deleted that pairing on the phone and still no joy
Appreciate 0