BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

My 2 experiences...

well as some of you know i am not 1er owner but through the process i had some nasty experiences. First i went to Circle BMW in eatontown, NJ back in September and left a deposit for first allocation. at the time i was "first on the list" and was drop dead serious about buying. So the sales manager directed me to a senior salesman at the dealer and we chatted for a minute and i signed my purchase order. so far so good. months go by and i hear nothing not even a phone call. i heard about everything concerning the 1er though this site. i called a few times and half those times didnt even get a call back. When i did get a call back it was "we still dont have any allocation or have heard anything"....this went on into january now. I was ignored and completey thrown to the side. So i took my business elsewhere to a friend of a friend at another BMW center. I went into Circle and requested my money back to the sales manager....he of course tried to smooth things over but i wasnt having it. So he went to find my order and says "now, was this for the 135 coupe or sedan?!"!!!!....i laughed and said coupe. he checks his system and says well we have allocation but i cant sell them. WHATEVER! So he apparently puts my check request in. About a month goes bY and i got nothing! i went back in with a mission and demanded the money right there and they finally did it!
ok next, so now i have a deposit with another store with a very nice sales associate thats a friend of a friend. everything is great. my purchase order clearly reads "purchase of the car is based on rates and residuals" because i told him that if the lease is bad i cant do it. ok, everything is still cool. THEN...the lease came out and of course i freaked and cried and cried and had to cancel my order. i felt so bad cause BMW of Freehold was so nice to me and Pete (my salesman) was great. But oh well....so of course they tried everything they could to get me the car but it just wasnt gonna happen and i had to ask for my money back.....then Pete proceeds to tell me, "well on special orders that are canceled we will hold the deposit until the car is sold". WHAT!!!!!! now thats the biggest BS i have ever heard. like they are not gonna sell the car or something?? i didnt order a pink dodge neon 5 speed without A/C!! So as of this day, i am still fighting with them about getting my money back
so overall a very shitty BMW experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Sounds like a very shitty dealer experience, that reflects badly on BMW, but it is a dealer screwing (in my opinion), and not BMW. Each center has a basic set of expectancies, and other than that, they make up their own policies (crappy or not).

You should have been told that that the dep0osit would have been held, especially if you have that verbiage on the PO.... If you weren't told that then, I'd think they cannot hold your money.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Metallic135i
Private
Rep
Drives:

I went to eatontown to figure out lease numbers and left the place shaking my head at how much it was going to be monthly...i was going to go to freehold as well but maybe ill hold off now!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic135i View Post
I went to eatontown to figure out lease numbers and left the place shaking my head at how much it was going to be monthly...i was going to go to freehold as well but maybe ill hold off now!
overall Freehold was good but just be careful.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Larry_Legend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

who did you deal with at Freehold? Just ordered a 135 from Bob Burke and he told me July. Any reason I should question that?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

damn, sorry... sounds like you got two shady dealers and one good sales person... Not a good experience...

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0