BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #23
BMWX1-35i
2015 X1 35i XDrive with NAV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i

Garage List
Make sure you have the correct MAP's for your ECU. The tuner will show you the ECU identification and that's the one you download.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Ultimate, NAV & Cold Weather Package
MHD, FTP Motorsports Charge Pipe, Drop in K&N
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

There is also a difference between the stock throttle and linear maps. Each stage you can choose between them. If u have 93 run stage 1 aggressive with stock throttle. That's what I ran when I was completely stock and did tune first. If your running your stock runflats you will not get any traction at all they are terrible. I went with 225/255 michelins for extra grip.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #25
Gregoriovv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
There is also a difference between the stock throttle and linear maps. Each stage you can choose between them. If u have 93 run stage 1 aggressive with stock throttle. That's what I ran when I was completely stock and did tune first. If your running your stock runflats you will not get any traction at all they are terrible. I went with 225/255 michelins for extra grip.
I was wondering what ST and LT meant. What is the difference in the two? I am bone stock other than the Cobb, so does that mean I can run any stage 1 tune? Here in the Phoenix area we only have 91 octane so are there maps I should stick to? Thanks for the insight.

I get what you mean when you say the run flats suck as I almost put my ass end into the side of an RX8 today who thought he would blast past me leaving a stop light.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #26
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

I don't know the technological difference between linear and stock throttle. I ran the stock throttle and it was just a surge or power when stepping on it. I liked it. If your stock and have 91 you should run the stage 1 sport. The aggressive maps are for 93 octane. If you get an intercooler you can run stage 1+ map. Stage 2 map is for downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoriovv View Post
I was wondering what ST and LT meant. What is the difference in the two? I am bone stock other than the Cobb, so does that mean I can run any stage 1 tune? Here in the Phoenix area we only have 91 octane so are there maps I should stick to? Thanks for the insight.

I get what you mean when you say the run flats suck as I almost put my ass end into the side of an RX8 today who thought he would blast past me leaving a stop light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
I don't know the technological difference between linear and stock throttle. I ran the stock throttle and it was just a surge or power when stepping on it. I liked it. If your stock and have 91 you should run the stage 1 sport. The aggressive maps are for 93 octane. If you get an intercooler you can run stage 1+ map. Stage 2 map is for downpipes.

completely stock car will give you 80% output when you have your feet 40% on the pedal
for 300 HP / 300 TQ it works great and the car feels very responsive
Once you add all the extra HP with Cobb, it might be too much for some people
Thats why Cobb has the Linear throttle which will give you a 1 to 1 output
1% gas pedal = 1% output
50 % gas pedal = 50% output
they will both give you the same power output, its just a matter of preference.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
Ski Killset
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoriovv
I did not have a battery charger hooked up as I park in an underground garage and nowhere to plug one in. I had everything off and this time didn't open the doors as I did on my first attempt. The quick start guide from Cobb states to not open the doors while the programming is underway. I think that is what may have caused my first attempt to fail. I did flash to a different stage 1 tune this morning and my radio started working again. Don't know why but it works for now.
Before my Cobb my radio would do that randomly. And sometimes if you just shut the car off and turn it back on it would work fine. It really doean't have anything to do with the map
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #29
924er
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoriovv
Ok so I made a second attempt and this time was successful. I loaded stage 1 ST sport and felt a noticeable difference in power, night and day actually. I now notice how sticky my tires are not! Or at least the one drive tire I am not without problems again. My radio controls do not work at all! No buttons on the head unit work, not the volume, channel buttons, tuner selector, nothing! The steering wheel controls do work though for the channel and volume. So I figured I would try another tune, I loaded stage 1 LT aggressive. Still no Bueno on the radio buttons. Any thoughts or similar experiences out there? Any input is appreciated!
I think I know what u did wrong. U put it on LT the first time and what that does is make the throttle feel difference so you have to mash it order to feel power compared to ST maps where u give it 20% throttle and the car flies.

I had the same issue when I first installed Cobb. ST and LT have nothing to do with the tune it's all about the throttle.

I also suggest you do more research in general about everything u seem lost.

Good luck

DCI intakes, ER chargepipe, TIAL BOV,
VRSF 5in FMIC, BMS Downpipes COBB e30
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #30
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924er View Post
I think I know what u did wrong. U put it on LT the first time
agree
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:49 PM   #31
Gregoriovv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924er View Post
I think I know what u did wrong. U put it on LT the first time and what that does is make the throttle feel difference so you have to mash it order to feel power compared to ST maps where u give it 20% throttle and the car flies.

I had the same issue when I first installed Cobb. ST and LT have nothing to do with the tune it's all about the throttle.

I also suggest you do more research in general about everything u seem lost.

Good luck
Thank you for the explanation on the throttle differences. Makes perfect sense now! I put the LT sport back on it as the aggressive felt a bit much for now being completely stock. At least until I get better tires!
Appreciate 0