BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #23
titium
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory

For performance, ours perform better where it matters because we provide more torque/traction (higher bias ratio)

For price, ours is the lowest cost, whether just the LSD unit or a fully rebuilt pumpkin

If you want to pay more for less (other than brand name), then go for the others.
what about the situation where a wheel is unloaded? it appears wavetrac would perform better in this senario with its wavelock system.... unless I'm missing something?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 06:05 PM   #24
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by titium View Post
what about the situation where a wheel is unloaded? it appears wavetrac would perform better in this senario with its wavelock system.... unless I'm missing something?
When was the last time you went round a corner fast enough to lift up a rear wheel AND with the wheel in the air long enough for traction to be affected AND have your traction control turned off, all at the same time?

That wavy thingamajig was designed for 20 year old VW's with no traction control, hence why the real designers of it (i.e Quaife) ditched the idea

Would you not rather have a performance function that works 95% of the time (i.e more torque transfer/bias), than a semi-obsolete function that not only works only 5% of the time (i.e applying load to an airborne wheel), but is also a function that your car already has?

And if you do like driving with your traction control off, then you would be better off with a Plate/Clutch type LSD
Appreciate 1
Sam_M210.00
      01-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #25
titium
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
When was the last time you went round a corner fast enough to lift up a rear wheel AND with the wheel in the air long enough for traction to be affected AND have your traction control turned off, all at the same time?

That wavy thingamajig was designed for 20 year old VW's with no traction control, hence why the real designers of it (i.e Quaife) ditched the idea

Would you not rather have a performance function that works 95% of the time (i.e more torque transfer/bias), than a semi-obsolete function that not only works only 5% of the time (i.e applying load to an airborne wheel), but is also a function that your car already has?

And if you do like driving with your traction control off, then you would be better off with a Plate/Clutch type LSD
Where I am the wavetrac is only marginally more expensive and for that money I can have a diff that is able to function in a no load condition.

That 5% of the time you speak of is when the diff is needed most. Are you seriously saying the traction control/e-diff can handle a no load situation? My personal experience is its far too slow and nowhere near powerful enough....

I know you're trying to sell your product but you haven't really provided a compelling argument for why I should choose mfactory over anything else other then saying the features provided by others aren't required because they aren't found in your product. Unless you're trying to suggest that the wavelock thing doesn't work as advertised?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #26
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

So when 5% of the time is when it is needed the most, that would mean that 95% of the time when cornering, you are always lifting a wheel? If you are, then I would highly suggest getting your suspension/chassis setup looked at.

And yes, the traction control can handle the "unloaded situation", provided you have the other side of the equation to back it up i.e an LSD. On it's own, the traction control is relatively pathetic, I agree.

I'm not saying that their "feature" doesn't work, but as mentioned, I would rather have a product that performs better whilst your wheels are on the ground than the limited time they are off the ground

P.S I'm not trying to sell anything here, as this is not a sales thread. However, based on what I "think" you are trying to say, I would probably recommend you trying out a Plate/Clutch LSD as it is night-and-day difference on the track (and there are several brands that you can choose from), and also handles your "unloaded situation" far more effectively than what that wavy thingy can ever manage to do.
Appreciate 1
Sam_M210.00
      01-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #27
titium
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory
So when 5% of the time is when it is needed the most, that would mean that 95% of the time when cornering, you are always lifting a wheel? If you are, then I would highly suggest getting your suspension/chassis setup looked at.
never said that.

Said that it is the 5% of the time that you are lifting a wheel where you want the torque transfer the most
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #28
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titium View Post
never said that.

Said that it is the 5% of the time that you are lifting a wheel where you want the torque transfer the most
Traction control on it's own won't cut it, but traction control + LSD is exactly what I believe you are looking for.

Basically, wavy thingy built-in to LSD = Traction Control + LSD (with no wavy thingy).

So that being equal, it then leaves you with performance when all your tires are on the ground (and that wavy thingy becoming redundant). 66% vs 75%; which would you prefer?

Of course, this is all provided that you keep your traction control turned on. I know some more serious racers like to turn OFF their traction control. In that scenario, then you are correct, the Wavetrac will function better during an unloaded state, however, the fact that you have turned off your traction control would lead me to believe that are you semi-serious with your racing, which would mean the next logical step up would be a Plate/Clutch LSD, not a TBD
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #29
Shaun135i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e82 135i Coupe 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Lost the internet for awhile and come back to a educational learning experience battle on the interwebz! ? thank you everyone for the replies sometime this month I think I might just buy the built @mfactory pumpkin seems like it would be less hassle but slightly more money.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #30
quentin99
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

https://www.n54tuning.com/wavetrac-lsd.html

wavetrac will send you one preinstalled in the pumpkin and then you just send yours back as a core
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #31
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentin99 View Post
https://www.n54tuning.com/wavetrac-lsd.html

wavetrac will send you one preinstalled in the pumpkin and then you just send yours back as a core
Buy American. Wavetrac is in OC, give them or us a call if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #32
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun135i View Post
Lost the internet for awhile and come back to a educational learning experience battle on the interwebz! ? thank you everyone for the replies sometime this month I think I might just buy the built @mfactory pumpkin seems like it would be less hassle but slightly more money.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or you can give our "American Company" a call also (we're based in San Dimas, CA): 909-592-5933
Appreciate 0