Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
I'm home...finally haha!

Wow what a day! First things first, this car is FAST! I've had some fast equipment in my time but this really takes the biscuit. What makes it fast is just the immense torque of the thing. Any gear, any speed it just flies!

Anyway, onto the collection. I arrived at the dealership to be greeted at the door by a very excited sales lady I think she was almost as excited as me.....actually that's not possible

After the particulars were signed, I was taken over to my car which was all wrapped up I'll let the pictures say the rest.....

So, was it worth the wait? Absol-bloody-lutly!!! It's the best car I've ever owned and I'm totally blown away by it. The way it accelerates in any gear, the way it stops, the sound it makes.....just incredible!

I'll post some more pictures of the interior tomorrow, but for now.....I think I may just go for another drive
Congrats Chris!! Thanks for posting pics.

Brings back memories of when I picked mine up from that same Coopers, just over 5 months ago now!

The took good care f me as well, but I didn't get a sign with my name on it!

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #46
Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Chris took me out in his car today, all I can say is wow does this car move, cant wait for mine now. Afew shots that we took today
Mats look amazing in the car Jez! Can't wait for mine!

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #47
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Chris, boring question, but does your car have the Sat Nav with real time traffic info?

Regarding the matts. My current drivers mat is a completely different shape to the "Jezzer Mats". In fact my mat doesn't even look like its for a 1 series at all!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #48
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Jezzer, how long is the delivery time going to be for the mats from time of order ?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #49
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
Chris, boring question, but does your car have the Sat Nav with real time traffic info?

Regarding the matts. My current drivers mat is a completely different shape to the "Jezzer Mats". In fact my mat doesn't even look like its for a 1 series at all!
Yes I do have real time traffic info but I think you need to turn it on in the preferences. I'll have a look where it is and report back, but it definitely has it.

Regarding the mats, the ones that came with my car are idenitical in shape to Jezzer's mats. Sounds as if they fitted the wrong mats to your car maybe?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #50
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post

I've heard that they have in some cases been putting in the 1series hatch mats by mistake, these have a totally different floorpan
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #51
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Looks fantastic Chris!

Such a great way to take delivery of your new baby!

Enjoy the miles ahead. Have a great time this week.

Mark.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #52
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
I've heard that they have in some cases been putting in the 1series hatch mats by mistake, these have a totally different floorpan
Must be that, will get it looked for spare mats at least.

Chris, hope your following the running in guidelines!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #53
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'll write a better report at the end of the week, but when I picked the car up, it had 10 miles on the clock. I've now just crept over the 400 mile mark (not bad I guess for three days driving).

Anyway, a few further observations:

- The build quality of the car is superb. It really is! I've never owned a BMW before but I'm really impressed with the fit and finish.
- The car is extremely comfortable and on some of the longer runs I've driven it on, it's been an absolute pleasure.
- In M-mode, the car is bonkers. The time it takes to hit very illegal speeds happens in the blink of an eye. I even questioned last night if the car was actually too fast.
- The handling is very good!
- The steering is very direct, with positive and accurate turn in and feel.
- The suspension is quite firm, but no worse than my old Exige.
- It sounds incredible and blipping the throttle, the exhaust pops and crackles.
- I like the lightweight flywheel on the car as it feels as if the whole engine is lively and "blippy" (if that's a word )
- I'm still not taking the car over 4500rpm and also using no more than 1/2 throttle, but damn does it move. I would imagine also that because I'm not using full throttle, the overboost feature is not kicking in
- The gearbox is the best I've ever experienced in a car. It's direct with a short clicky throw....absolutely fantastic!

Fuel consumption at the moment is between 22.5-24.5mpg which isn't too bad I guess. I'm sure once the engine loosens up a bit, it'll improve slightly, but it's no worse than the Exige.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the car and will post further updates if you're all interested in hearing about it?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:32 AM   #54
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Nice you're enjoying it that much! Small remark : during break in you are aloud to do 5.500 rpm
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #55
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

That footwell looks too good to put any foot in it!! Love the pedals and mats
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:45 AM   #56
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
That footwell looks too good to put any foot in it!! Love the pedals and mats
+1 ! Unfortunatelly we don't have those carpets over here. Are the pedals not slippery? Otherwise i would like too install them also .
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:18 AM   #57
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

Glad you're enjoying it Chris, but don't nanny it, use all 5500rpm and anything up to but not including full throttle, it'll bed in the rings better and make for a faster car with less oil consumption in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #58
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
I'll write a better report at the end of the week, but when I picked the car up, it had 10 miles on the clock. I've now just crept over the 400 mile mark (not bad I guess for three days driving).

Anyway, a few further observations:

- The build quality of the car is superb. It really is! I've never owned a BMW before but I'm really impressed with the fit and finish.
- The car is extremely comfortable and on some of the longer runs I've driven it on, it's been an absolute pleasure.
- In M-mode, the car is bonkers. The time it takes to hit very illegal speeds happens in the blink of an eye. I even questioned last night if the car was actually too fast.
- The handling is very good!
- The steering is very direct, with positive and accurate turn in and feel.
- The suspension is quite firm, but no worse than my old Exige.
- It sounds incredible and blipping the throttle, the exhaust pops and crackles.
- I like the lightweight flywheel on the car as it feels as if the whole engine is lively and "blippy" (if that's a word )
- I'm still not taking the car over 4500rpm and also using no more than 1/2 throttle, but damn does it move. I would imagine also that because I'm not using full throttle, the overboost feature is not kicking in
- The gearbox is the best I've ever experienced in a car. It's direct with a short clicky throw....absolutely fantastic!

Fuel consumption at the moment is between 22.5-24.5mpg which isn't too bad I guess. I'm sure once the engine loosens up a bit, it'll improve slightly, but it's no worse than the Exige.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the car and will post further updates if you're all interested in hearing about it?
Like I wasn't excited enough already... You've made the next 10 weeks unbearable. Screw Christmas - bring on Jan 5. Birth of a new UK AW. Ps. Will need some of that Swiss stuff for washing the new born.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #59
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Congrats mate..great pix and right up..
5 days to pick up mine..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:34 AM   #60
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorbitz View Post
Glad you're enjoying it Chris, but don't nanny it, use all 5500rpm and anything up to but not including full throttle, it'll bed in the rings better and make for a faster car with less oil consumption in the future.
1 that. I owned an ex-demo Civic Type R which was blatantly thrashed from the off. It never used a drop of oil and the engine was plenty strong. The 1M really sings above 4000rpm!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #61
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I've got to pop out later on to get some petrol so I'll try 5500rpm :-)

I've got almost 500 miles on the car now using up to 4500rpm (I've gone to 5000rpm a couple of times). None of it has been full throttle though, probably half at most.

Oh and the question regarding the pedals being slippery? No they're not slippery at all. In fact they're very grippy due to the rubber strips on them....oh and they do like nice
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #62
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
I've got to pop out later on to get some petrol so I'll try 5500rpm :-)

I've got almost 500 miles on the car now using up to 4500rpm (I've gone to 5000rpm a couple of times). None of it has been full throttle though, probably half at most.

Oh and the question regarding the pedals being slippery? No they're not slippery at all. In fact they're very grippy due to the rubber strips on them....oh and they do like nice
Where are you Chris? Can't tell your location with the iPhone app. Seem to remember you are in Kent? If so, get that baby half way 'round the M25 and one junction up the M40. I need to see it!!!! I'll meet you at the model village. Everyone knows where that is! ;-)

Same colour - maybe you'll even convince me to dish out the 2K for Nav.

Pleeeeeeaaase.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:26 AM   #63
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm in Essex but happy to meet up with any owners / enthusiasts

Drop me a pm and we'll see if we can sort something
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #64