BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
cpandrewschmidt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 n55 135i dct

bluetooth audio 2011 135i with Nav.

I can't seem to find a solid answer to if you can stream audio over Bluetooth for a 2011 with Nav/I drive. My production date was 6-24-2010. I've got my Galaxy S3 to pair but is it capable of audio? Ie Pandora? Thanks for the help!

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
I have a 2011 with Business Nav and BT. Can't stream Audio. Only phone calls. I think you need the Pro Nav.

On the earlier cars they were VERY different but on our year model the difference between the Pro and the Business is the Screen Size, DVD, HDD, and A2DP.

A2DP is what you need: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

To be doubly sure, in iDrive menu:

- Go to phone
- Go to paired devices
- Select your phone
- Push right on your controller
- It'll show you what capabilities your device has (sync phone book, stream audio, etc.)

If you don't have music streaming there then you can't do it.

Another way to check is on your specs sheet:

Option 6NL: Includes basic bluetooth
Option 6NF: Includes A2DP and Music streaming from the media cradle in the armrest if you buy one.
Option 6NR: All of the above + BMW Apps.

Last edited by Harlequin; 06-03-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
t41n7ed
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I have a 2011 with Business Nav and BT. Can't stream Audio. Only phone calls. I think you need the Pro Nav.

On the earlier cars they were VERY different but on our year model the difference between the Pro and the Business is the Screen Size, DVD, HDD, and A2DP.

A2DP is what you need: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

To be doubly sure, in iDrive menu:

- Go to phone
- Go to paired devices
- Select your phone
- Push right on your controller
- It'll show you what capabilities your device has (sync phone book, stream audio, etc.)

If you don't have music streaming there then you can't do it.

Another way to check is on your specs sheet:

Option 6NL: Includes basic bluetooth
Option 6NF: Includes A2DP and Music streaming from the media cradle in the armrest if you buy one.
Option 6NR: All of the above + BMW Apps.
Sorry for reviving an old thread but... this is the straightest/best answer I have been able to find.

The above being true, what would someone need to do in order to obtain Bluetooth audio streaming on a stock system? Is there an upgrade available from BMW?

In my case I have a 2010 135i M package. I'm not sure what is included exactly with the M package, car was purchased used.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

The most practical way to do this is to buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Hand.../dp/B004CLYJ2I

In other words an after market bluetooth to aux port device made by Belken. The only significant disadvantage I see is you don't have the steering wheel buttons to control phone calls. But the cost is relatively low and it should be pretty unobstrusive. I do something like this with my older Garmin nuvis but have this device on my Amazon "wish-list".

Jim
      08-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
The most practical way to do this is to buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Hand.../dp/B004CLYJ2I

In other words an after market bluetooth to aux port device made by Belken. The only significant disadvantage I see is you don't have the steering wheel buttons to control phone calls. But the cost is relatively low and it should be pretty unobstrusive. I do something like this with my older Garmin nuvis but have this device on my Amazon "wish-list".

Jim
This is much better:

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450-.../ref=pd_cp_e_0

Cheaper, and supports APT-X for CD quality streaming (if your phone supports it).
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Not to start a new thread but, is anyone's BT streaming audio cutting in and out? I don't have a consistent connection, unsure if it's ios7. I have the '13 135i with tech package.
Appreciate 0