BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
130iRacer
Rep
Drives: 130i

Aus 130i to be turned into racer, looking to get rid of & swap parts

Hi everyone,

I live in Perth, Western Australia, and I've recently acquired a 2006 130i E87 that I am now in the process of turning into a tarmac race car. This means most of the interior is being stripped, non essential pieces are being left off the car to save weight, and I am looking to get rid of and swap some parts to recoup some of the cost of the car. The car is obviously the M-Sport package, and is in the Titanium Silver metallic colour, with boston leather black trim.

This is not yet a final list of what I am willing to get rid of on the car as I am not the only one invested in it. I am primarily trying to canvas some reactions. Those interested in possible swaps/purchases can thus reply and I can see what needs preserving. Some may stay on the list, some may come off, new ones may come on. If you can think of something that a race car doesn't need and you would like, suggest it.

There is one special thing in particular I would like to trade: I have no use for the PDC system in it's entirety. That means sensors, module, module holder, and importantly, the M-sport rear bumper with the sensor holes. If someone is looking to retrofit a PDC system to their vehicle I can provide these parts in exchange for your bumper without the holes. I don't mind about colour as long as you don't, as this vehicle is being repainted.

So far I have the following things I'm reasonably sure I am getting rid of:

-Sunroof assembly & glass
-Roof lining to fit sunroof
-Entire airbag system & controller
-Seatbelts
-Pillar trims
-Cargo area linings & trims
-A/C compressor & lines
-Back seat bench & back seat uprights
-Front & rear carpets
-Full BMW professional sound system including cd changer
-Original rear muffler
-Front full power seats, driver & passenger, driver has memory
-All the water channeling & the cabin filter from on top of the engine bay
-Wiper fluid reservoir
-Ride height sensors
-Original brake calipers & rotors
-Handbrake lever
-M sport shocks & springs (BIG maybe, may need to be kept as backup)

Just note the following things need to stay in the car due to the series regulations/because I want them too, so don't suggest them:

-Steering wheel (don't need the airbag though, a popped cover would do me)
-Dashboard
-Front & centre console
-Pedals
-A few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Not limited to the Perth area. Interstate & international as fine as long as you are aware of shipping costs. If you're interested, just reply! Thanks for looking.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Franco
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: TiAg E87 130i M Sport

What about your interior trimming? What type do you have and would you be intreseted in selling any of it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, 440i GC

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
i would like to show interest for the sound system please
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
130iRacer
Rep

Hi guys,

Not much time, just dropped in to say that I have had some interest in the sound system, which is likely to be sold.

The interior trim is all black. I will still need the dash, front & centre console sections, but other than that, most should go. Due to some restrictive regulations, interior trim will be some of the last to sell because there is no telling - until I am scrutineered for the first event - what interior trim pieces I will have to hack up to fit back in the car. Considering that they all tend to fit into each other I doubt I'll have to put much back in, so roof linings, pillar trims, boot trims including floor, and carpets are all likely going to go.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

HOw much for headliner? How difficult is it to remove/swap???
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
BlueforMonaco
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 128 msport

how 'bout the three stage intake manifold?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
130iRacer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
HOw much for headliner? How difficult is it to remove/swap???
I'm not up to discussing price just yet, but the headliner is a likely candidate for sale. Removing headliner means removing A, B, C & D pillar trims, removing all handles from ceiling, removing sun visors, & removing sunroof module. After that it clips out from the centre.

Getting it out of the car is tough. Easiest with the windshield out, but as long as you are willing to flex it carefully, it should come out the tailgate, if you have 2 people to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueforMonaco View Post
how 'bout the three stage intake manifold?
Engine-related modifications will be some of the last things to be (or even not be, depending on rules) done, and I think general consensus for us is that the intake manifold is staying for the foreseeable future. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iRacer View Post
I'm not up to discussing price just yet, but the headliner is a likely candidate for sale. Removing headliner means removing A, B, C & D pillar trims, removing all handles from ceiling, removing sun visors, & removing sunroof module. After that it clips out from the centre.

Getting it out of the car is tough. Easiest with the windshield out, but as long as you are willing to flex it carefully, it should come out the tailgate, if you have 2 people to help.

I'm very interested.

Also, if you are looking to keep the switch panels, handles, etc from the roof, would you be interested in swapping me for my gray ones? I am interested in blacking it out, obviously.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.

Last edited by Augenbrauezug; 03-20-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
130iman
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 130 i

im interested in airbags and rear bumper ???
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Franco
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: TiAg E87 130i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iRacer View Post
Hi guys,

Not much time, just dropped in to say that I have had some interest in the sound system, which is likely to be sold.

The interior trim is all black. I will still need the dash, front & centre console sections, but other than that, most should go. Due to some restrictive regulations, interior trim will be some of the last to sell because there is no telling - until I am scrutineered for the first event - what interior trim pieces I will have to hack up to fit back in the car. Considering that they all tend to fit into each other I doubt I'll have to put much back in, so roof linings, pillar trims, boot trims including floor, and carpets are all likely going to go.

Thanks.
I was actually hoping for the interior trim finishing on the dashboard, door handles and around the centre console.
I have a dent in my dashboard trim and few scatches around my centre console.
Do you know what colour it is:
Glacier silver
Walnut light wood
High gloss black
etc
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i coupe

How much for the brakes?