BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
Murdered_One
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i N55

Carbon Fiber Rear Lip for 135i

Hey everyone,

I need some advice. What is the best route to go in buying a Carbon Fiber rear lip for my 135i. I was considering purchasing the replica on **********s.com, but I am concerned about the quality of the replica wing. Any purchase this yet?

I Feel that $ 429 is way too steep for the BMW performance wing, therefore.. what options do I have? Or does anyone want to sell me theirs?
Injen Intake / JB4 / AR Design Catless Downpipes/ Matte Black Kidney Grilles / 15% Tint / VMR 710s / OEM CF License Plate Holder/Custom Painted Showline Black Diffuser/ BMW Performance CF Spoiler/ Eibach Pro Sport/ Koni Yellow
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_One View Post
Hey everyone,

I need some advice. What is the best route to go in buying a Carbon Fiber rear lip for my 135i. I was considering purchasing the replica on **********s.com, but I am concerned about the quality of the replica wing. Any purchase this yet?

I Feel that $ 429 is way too steep for the BMW performance wing, therefore.. what options do I have? Or does anyone want to sell me theirs?
Take a look at our carbon fiber rear spoiler for the 1 series. This lip is a great addition to making your car stand out. The lip features a 2x2 carbon fiber weave pattern.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
135roller
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i black...stock ;)

i got a ICarbon one, PM me if you want it, im letting it go for cheap!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
ATSR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1977 Honda Civic

Just got done installing a BMW Performance carbon spoiler for a friends' 135 over the weekend, and I want to tell you that (even though I haven't seen any replicas) the fitment of the original one is absolutely PERFECT.

The quality of the part is truly outstanding and I strongly doubt that the replicas can match the original on fitment alone. Never mind material and craftsmanship.

IMO, $400+ is more than fair price for such a high quality part.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #5
strongylad29
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82 AW

Would you send the icarbon spoiler to the UK?

How much for it?

Cant PM yet as only just signed up, been browsing for ages but never signed up
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
remaeb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 135i

where can we find the carbon fiber wing for $429?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by remeab View Post
where can we find the carbon fiber wing for $429?
Dan@UnitedBMW can do that price I believe.
      03-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS View Post
Just got done installing a BMW Performance carbon spoiler for a friends' 135 over the weekend, and I want to tell you that (even though I haven't seen any replicas) the fitment of the original one is absolutely PERFECT.

The quality of the part is truly outstanding and I strongly doubt that the replicas can match the original on fitment alone. Never mind material and craftsmanship.

I agree.

I had my dealer supply and fit the BMWP carbon rear spoiler to my car when new, before I collected it, and you certainley can't fault the fit and finish, and it's definately worth the money.

I've been 'biten' before with buying 'cheaper' aftermarket carbon parts that cracked and yellowed so, I wasn't going to 'waste' good money again.
      03-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I just got and installed my spoiler from JBspeed. It was 1/2 the price, I figured I'd take a chance, especially after reading what others said about theirs.

IMO worth the money, fitment was good, quality was good, and you can't tell the difference from the BMW one.

Just check and make sure they have them in stock, I ordered, paid, and waited a while, probably for the next batch.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

You usually do get what you pay for. The real BMW Performance spoiler is probably the best.

However, I work with composites, and there is about $10 worth of materials (if that) invested in making a spoiler. Knowing this, it hurts to pay $400-plus for so little.

Granted, a lot of time and expertise goes into making molds, but MAN, composite goodies are just way too overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS View Post

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Murdered_One
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i N55

I ended up going with the BMW Performance spoiler.. I hated paying that much but it looks damn good.
Injen Intake / JB4 / AR Design Catless Downpipes/ Matte Black Kidney Grilles / 15% Tint / VMR 710s / OEM CF License Plate Holder/Custom Painted Showline Black Diffuser/ BMW Performance CF Spoiler/ Eibach Pro Sport/ Koni Yellow
Appreciate 0