BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
one30five
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Has anyone changed fenders??

MY wife was recently in an accident in my 135. fortunately she's ok and it was low speed, but it left us with a banged up driver side front fender.

I've sourced the parts, and i think i want to do the install myself and have the reccomended import body/paint shop in my area do the paint..... to (hopefully) save money

I was hoping someone could tell me about removal and installation of the front fenders.

are any special tools needed? should I have the fender painted, then install? or should i install and then have it painted?

Thanks for the help!
Royal Purple|Motul|Mann Filters|LUX
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by one30five View Post
MY wife was recently in an accident in my 135. fortunately she's ok and it was low speed, but it left us with a banged up driver side front fender.

I've sourced the parts, and i think i want to do the install myself and have the reccomended import body/paint shop in my area do the paint..... to (hopefully) save money

I was hoping someone could tell me about removal and installation of the front fenders.

are any special tools needed? should I have the fender painted, then install? or should i install and then have it painted?

Thanks for the help!
You could install yourself, but if the shop paints it, they will remove the panel, paint it, install it, then blend. So they would essentially have to install it anyways.

Last edited by ilikebmxbikes; 03-21-2014 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
one30five
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

thanks! good info.
Royal Purple|Motul|Mann Filters|LUX
Appreciate 0