BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-15-2016, 12:05 AM   #45
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

There are some Vin's that are currently being recalled for injectors. I would call BMW and ask if your VIN is subject to this recall.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #46
1mang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_RxBMW View Post
Just in case anyone was interested...

The dealership told me I was too far out of warranty (2008 135i) to qualify for a goodwill repair on the fuel injectors so I ended up contacting BMW NA to request a goodwill repair. They said it was close, but given the low mileage (less than 47,000) it may still be an option. Both myself and BMW NA called the service manager to discuss options.

Slowly fast-forward 3 weeks later after repeat phone calls from myself and BMW NA. The service manager never did call me back, but the BMW NA rep let me know he did agree to cover %60 of parts and labor.

The day I take it in, the windshield wiper fluid pump also decides to go out. So between 6 new fuel injectors (%60 cost-covered), a new wiper fluid pump, and oil change, I'm out the door $1800. What a bargain...

The car is good x3 days and then one morning starts to shudder on acceleration and throws a check engine light. I pull over, let the car sit about 5 minutes and then restarted it; which seemed to reset everything and no check engine light. I take the car back to the dealership for what I perceive to be a piss poor service. Now they're telling me that it could be a coil(s) are likely going bad that it is a completely separate issue from the fuel injectors. I asked if the coils could have been clouding/contributing to my previous issues and if they should have also been checked as part of the fuel injector replacements?? The SA says no, it "probably would have thrown a different code". I ask the cost of this new issue, "$300 - $1800 depending on the number of coils that need replacing".

Now, I expected some additional costs of ownership above and beyond a Honda/Toyota, but this sh@$ is getting ridiculous. I mostly baby the thing, change the oil every 5000 miles, and haven't ever tracked it. I'm now sitting on my 3rd HPFP, 6 new fuel injectors, and now need new coils- all under 47,000 miles?? I'm a little disappointed in the lack of reliability to say the least.
I too feel your pain.

I am not the original owner but the car is on its 2nd HPFP (at 85k miles as of now).

I wanted to see if they could do something about the fuel injectors but since it was replaced previously, they will not replace it again. Even though I had a CEL P29DC which is for cylinder injection shutdown. I figure it might be the injectors and NOT the HPFP...but seems its the other way around. At least they have acknowledge that.
Appreciate 0