BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
Bizall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen View Post
I am still planning on a test install, perhaps next Wednesday.

I would like to get into the idea of a plug and play installation, but I don't know where to get the ECU pins. I looked at that piggy-back installation and it looks like the pins can be popped out of the ECU connectors. I just need to know where to get the male and female ECU pins and then we should be able to make up a custom wiring harness for your cars.

Does anyone have any ideas where to find them? Can they be purchased from the dealer?

Thanks

I believe they can be purchased at the dealership. I'd talk with Terry at n54tech.com.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #24
phrozen
Rep
Drives: SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
I believe they can be purchased at the dealership. I'd talk with Terry at n54tech.com.
Sounds good. Will do.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #25
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

bump for update!?!?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #26
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Red thing

will it work on a e92 328?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #27
phrozen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBMW View Post
bump for update!?!?
We have been adding support for a lot of other cars. Our new list is here:
  • Audi B5 A4
  • Audi B5 A4
  • Audi B5 S4 (2.7T)
  • Audi B6 A4
  • Audi C5 A6 (2.7T)
  • Audi TT
  • Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L
  • Chevy Cobalt SS 2.0SC
  • Dodge Neon SRT-4
  • Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6SC
  • Ford Mustang GT 4.6L
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
  • Honda Civic DX
  • Honda Civic EX
  • Honda Civic Si
  • Infinity G35
  • Mazda 3i/s 2.0L / 2.3L
  • Mazda 3i/s 2.0L / 2.3L
  • Mazda 6s
  • Mazda Speed 3
  • Mazda Speed 6
  • Mazda Speed Protégé
  • MINI Cooper S
  • Mitsubishi Eclipse
  • Mitsubishi Mirage
  • Nissan 350Z
  • Nissan Sentra Spec V
  • Pontiac Solstice 2.0T
  • Pontiac Solstice 2.4L
  • Saturn Ion Redline
  • Saturn Sky Redline 2.0T
  • Saturn Sky Redline 2.4L
  • Scion tC
  • Scion xB
  • Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5T
  • VW Beetle 1.8T
  • VW GTI Mk3 2.0L
  • VW GTI Mk3 VR6
  • VW GTI Mk4 1.8T
  • VW GTI MkV 2.0T
  • VW Jetta 1.8T
  • VW Jetta III VR6
  • VW Jetta VR6
  • VW Passat Mk5
  • VW R32
It should work on your car. If anyone wants to give it a try, shoot us an email at support@n2mb.com and we'll set you up with our test car program. The basic details are that if you do the installation and take good pictures, we'll give you the WOT Box for free. Once we have the pics we'll write up a detailed photo installation guide for everyone to use.

http://www.n2mb.com/wotbox
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #28
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
have you tested it on our car yet?
      12-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #29
phrozen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
have you tested it on our car yet?
We now have generic software that can be adjusted to work on any car plus we have access to wiring schematics for any car. So, what we've been doing for most of the cars listed above is recruiting volunteers to help us test the WOT box on their cars. We go through all the wiring diagrams and provide you with the wire colors, pin numbers and general locations of every wire you need to connect. All you have to do is do the installation taking detailed pictures at each step and try it out.

In return for the pictures and your hard work, we'll give you the WOT Box for free. We will also help with the installation via phone and email as best we can.

We are still looking for a 135i test car, so if you are interested, shoot us an email at support@n2mb.com for more information.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #30
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

Someone jump on this? Anyone in philly? I'm def interested but I'm 2+ hours away. I know the issue with most of the people here would be hacking up the wires in our ECU boxes. If you could get some of the pins for our ECU like the other companies that make parts for the N54 you could do a plug n play version and it would sell really well I'm sure.

Thing is you would need to do a little more work than normal and most likely get a test car to your facilities. Hopefully you are up to the challenge if someone can volunteer their car for the testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #31
phrozen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsfoto View Post
Someone jump on this? Anyone in philly? I'm def interested but I'm 2+ hours away. I know the issue with most of the people here would be hacking up the wires in our ECU boxes. If you could get some of the pins for our ECU like the other companies that make parts for the N54 you could do a plug n play version and it would sell really well I'm sure.

Thing is you would need to do a little more work than normal and most likely get a test car to your facilities. Hopefully you are up to the challenge if someone can volunteer their car for the testing.
We actually don't need our test cars to come to us. We have made the process easy enough that most people can do it on their own. We send out wiring diagrams for you with instructions on where to hook up each wire. So, it's pretty much laid out for you, except for the exact locations to do the splices.

Does anyone know where to get the pins? I can look into that. However, there will probably be at least one splice that can't be made with pins. The ignition coil power probably doesn't come from the ECU. It usually comes directly from some other circuit, so getting a plug and play setup for that will be harder.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 02:35 PM   #32
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

Quote:
We actually don't need our test cars to come to us. We have made the process easy enough that most people can do it on their own. We send out wiring diagrams for you with instructions on where to hook up each wire. So, it's pretty much laid out for you, except for the exact locations to do the splices.

Does anyone know where to get the pins? I can look into that. However, there will probably be at least one splice that can't be made with pins. The ignition coil power probably doesn't come from the ECU. It usually comes directly from some other circuit, so getting a plug and play setup for that will be harder.
Best bet is to contact Terry from Burger Motorsports. He makes the Juice Box tuners and has access to pins for his JB tuners. His site is http://www.burgertuning.com and I'm sure he would be more than happy to help. His email is terenceburger@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #33
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
I'm interested but don't plan on being the guinea pig
      12-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #34
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Sounds very interesting keep us updated.

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #35
phrozen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
I'm interested but don't plan on being the guinea pig
Well, we need someone to do it. :biggrin:

It's not like being that much of a guinea pig. Have successfully tested the WOT Box on over 20 cars and sold over 1000 of them. We have been selling them for almost 2 years now, so it's not exactly a new product. Just new on your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #36
White Lightning
Internet Jester
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Well, we need someone to do it. :biggrin:

It's not like being that much of a guinea pig. Have successfully tested the WOT Box on over 20 cars and sold over 1000 of them. We have been selling them for almost 2 years now, so it's not exactly a new product. Just new on your car.

I am going to get this after the holidays, I have a lot of work and traveling to do over the next few weeks so I won't have time to do anything on the car. When I complete everything I will post up a DIY.

Steven

:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #37
DirtyD87
Registered
Rep
Drives: O7 VW GTI, 87 325e stroker

Hi everyone this is my first post as a 1addict just for the fact that i'm in the proses of selling my 07 VW GTI, to get myself into a AW 135I a car that i fell in love with since day one of it arrival to north america.

I would love to know if the "WOT BOX" has been put to the test on the 135i, i have been running one in my GTI now for the last 5 months and all i can say about it is I F*&^ING LOVE IT....... the no lift shifting is truly wonderful, and the lounch control is also a great feture, Truly helped my GTI out alot i meen 281WHP with 313ft/tq in a front wheel drive car there really not to much traction you can get off the line,........but to tell you guys how good this is for ex. my brother has a e39 M5 with CAI and supersprint cat back exhaust and dinan software and on highway from aprox. 80 up to speeds i would perfur not to talk about, he would pull but not hard im talk maby 2-3 cars, after the WOT BOX he wouldn't even get a car length on me........ this is a great product, and i would love to install on my future 135.

(GTI mods: autotech HPFP, VF Engineering FMIC, Neuspeed power pully, Nuespeed CAI with race pipe, BSH stage 2 PCV fix with catch can, full BSH motor mount kit, Forge DV, ATP 3" catless downpipe with custom magnaflow 3" exhaust, N2MB WOT BOX, REVO stage 2+ software, devels own W/M kit - that covers the engine mods to give you a bref idea of how i could compare to the m5.)

And again Hello to all, and i hope i to can soon bask in the glory of being a proud owner of the new 1, as long as i can sell this GTI!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #38
wolfson.tyler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS

have we just given up???
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #39
RimasRS
Colonel