BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #1
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

FS: BR Racing Half Cage Harness Bar Alpine White

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys,

I'm looking to sell my BR Racing Half Cage / Harness Bar / Rear Strut Brace painted in alpine white. Made from
chromoly steel.

It's got a couple minor nicks in the paint in a couple places but is otherwise in great condition. Can always be repainted a colour of your choice.

I love the thing and have had it since I had the car but I'm selling it to make way for a 6 point cage for racing.

They sell new for USD$1495 plus a ton of shipping.

Chasing AUD$1200 ONO plus shipping.

Attached Images

Last edited by froop; 06-10-2016 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
qualitycontrol
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i - Alpine white

Do you have to take the seat out or can you just fold it?

Guessing shipping to Canada would be mad money!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #3
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Sorry I accidentally posted it here when I meant to do it on the Australia forum.

To answer your questions, you can definitely leave the back seats in folded down and then if you feel like using them, just remove the harness bar and the cross bars, leaving in the rear strut brace and the main hoop, and you'll be able to use the rear seats. Just gotta duck underneath the hoop a little bit. Having the hoop actually makes it easier to get in and out as you can use the entire thing as a hand hold, just gotta not smack your head lol.

Also yes, I imaging that shipping to Canada would cost a ridiculous amount. That said, if someone is seriously interested, I could possibly try and get a quote to find out how much it is. I have heard that BR Racing no longer produce these so you can only get them used now.

Last thing, my price of $1200 is in AUD, not USD if that helps. Edited the first post to clarify.