BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #23
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
Tagman;
You got that right. It coulda been worse..
carnut,
I only wish I could have popped open a beer while reading your post!! Incredible story!... and pics, too!
TM
      05-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #24
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Very unfortunate, my previous car was keyed and egged within the first month of ownership. Not a fun time
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #25
Stew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Could be worse. I read on an NSX forum once where a guy dropped off his NSX for service at the dealer and a mechanic took it out for a drive to test the problem and rolled it into a ditch! Worse part was the car was NOT totaled, but had frame damage, and the dealer was only required to "fix" the car. Unfortunately with those cars even if it's "fixed" any frame damage can lower the value of the car by $10K+.

Anyway I hope you get your car fixed and back to like new condition ASAP.

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef_geek View Post
That's when I'd sue.
I assumed chef was talking about the post directly above his when he mentioned suing...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #26
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
Very unfortunate, my previous car was keyed and egged within the first month of ownership. Not a fun time
I had a car keyed a couple months after buying it. It was on Halloween night
so I know it was some punk kid!

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #27
b2nvs2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for all your kind words of support. They all make me feel better!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #28
M3Armand
Private
Rep
Drives:

My friend's and I were driving home from picking up the brand spankin' new Z4 from Spartanburg, SC factory... 3 days into the drive with 600 miles... Got rear ended... TWICE!!! One person was talking on the cell phone and she hit the car - she swerved to miss it, but clipped it anyway. As she moved out of the way, a SECOND CAR, hit us again literally in less than 5 seconds after the first car hit... The second car was...a cop...
2008 BMW X5 4.8i, Black Sapphire / Saddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #29
SLrocket
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosse View Post
I also had a similar experience with my 330i. The car was about three weeks old. I had stopped at the local post office and as I was leaving the building I see my car rocking. I look up and there is this little old lady who had pulled out of the space next to me. As she was pulling forward she hit my rear bumper (hence the rocking). She was in the process of backing up for her second attempt at clearing my car when I was walking out. I go to the back of my car and see she has punched a hole in my rear bumper skin. I yell out, "Lady look what you did to my car!" She responded with an extened middle finger (I kid you not) and drove off.

I jumped in my car and chased after her..... for 3 miles before she stopped. I called the cops. When the cops got there she claimed she didn't do anything (evidence to the contrary). When the cops looked at her car and mine they sided with me. Her response, what is the big deal, it is only a car (that comment really pissed off one of the cops). At this point I wanted her arrested for leaving the scence of an accident. I had to settle for a police report stating that she struck my vehicle.

I sued her 79 year old ass for the damage in small claims court. Had she just apologized I would have been pissed but I would have let it go. Giving me the finger and taking off was too much.

PS. She was driving some POS Buick.

Bottom line, I feel your pain. It really sucks!
what a bitcosaodisad
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #30
blackbubblebum
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

I feel for you........ and those pictures make me even more depressed.... But just to share my insignificant occurrence.. When I first got my 325 I was so happy because it was my first BMW and everyone around me was impressed. They all wanted to take a ride in it. And so being the nice guy I am I took all my friends for a ride and afterward when I went home I discovered that there was cut/tear in the Boston Grey leather on the passenger side seat... I was so sad... I couldn't charge my friends because well they were my friends and I don't think they did it intensionally. Might have been some keys. So I went back to the dealer and had them retouch it and I had to pay the full amount..... However the dealer did do a great job on retouching I don't see any cosmetic differences.

So that's my insignificant story although its nothing like getting hit and having visible external damage...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #31
1er junkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Some stuck up 17 year old girl in a brand new malibu parked by my car literally a week ago. I stared in horror as I knew she cared nothing about life, therefore cared nothing for other people property. She threw open the door....right into my rear quarter panel on my 128i. its only been 1 1/2 weeks since I picked it up. I yelled at her, and told her she slammed her door into my car, and no joke her response "oh, ok....." no sorry or anything. Kids these days have no sense of ownership or responsibility. It sucked. I was furious and calling paintless dent removal places. After 3 hours of calling, I called somewhere called dent wizard. Turns out, MY BMW COMES WITH 90 DAYS OF FREE DENT REMOVAL!!!!!!! and its mobile. 2 days later, dent is removed, free of charge. If I ever see that Royal Blue malibu, it is getting its effin door kicked in
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #32
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Yeah, not a bmw, but my car has got two dents right next to eachother from people flinging their doors open and hitting my car. First one wasn't bad, this 2nd one chipped paint and made a nice dent. Was so pissed.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #33
blackbubblebum
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Sigh makes me so depressed....
Appreciate 0