BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
gkmunch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundzero View Post
By the way, where do you find the production codes? I went on the BMW website for tracking and called the 1-800 number, neither gave me a code.
Ditto! I've been searching and finding what the codes mean, but can't figure out where to find the actual codes themselves!

Ordered on 8/30. Just today my car went from "Order Documented" to "Production Begins" on the Owner's Circle website, yet the 1-800 number still tells me "scheduled for production with no set production date"

...just curious where people are finding these codes!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #24
Hans09
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Montego Blue 135i

I never found my production status codes online or through the 800#.... I got them through my CA. I wonder though how exactly this allocation stuff works for the dealers- I mean how does BMW determine who gets priority allocation? My order date is the exact same as gkmunch, 8/30, but my car began production on 9/7 making it a week 37 build and is currently parked at the port waiting for a ship... hopefully will leave on tomorrow's boat.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #25
Flipwit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans09 View Post
I never found my production status codes online or through the 800#.... I got them through my CA. I wonder though how exactly this allocation stuff works for the dealers- I mean how does BMW determine who gets priority allocation? My order date is the exact same as gkmunch, 8/30, but my car began production on 9/7 making it a week 37 build and is currently parked at the port waiting for a ship... hopefully will leave on tomorrow's boat.
allocations are typically based on volume. higher volume dealerships tend to get more allocations per month than lower volume dealerships, and cars marked for allocation that are considered "sold" tend to get built sooner than cars just being built by the dealer. this doesn't mean, however, that cars ordered build faster every time, it just prioritizes things a little more in your favor. in the end, you are at the mercy of customs and logistics, and no one is in control of that. what you can do is find out what boat your car is on, and track that usually through that boat's shipping company website. it's not real time, but you can get day-by-day updates.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #26
Groundzero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Today was the big day!

Only a few pics for now, I was too busy driving it to take more.

It was really funny at the dealership because every salesman on the floor commented on how much they like the Alpine White trim.

Sadly, the dealership ruined the experience. Here are some of the things they did:

1) The car was supposed to come with both sets of mats, cloth and rubber. I worked it into the lease deal with the internet manage who took the order. Not only did no one there today know it was supposed to come with the rubber mats, they didn't even have them in stock!

2) The front plate. CT requires a front plate, but I sent an email on 7/21 requesting the front plate bracket not be installed because of the drilling required. I even have a response from the internet manager saying he will take the bracket out of the car when it arrives so the new car prep guys don't install it. Well I show up and what do you know, it has the front bracket installed!

3) This is the most unbelievable one yet. I qualified for a $1000 loyalty program because my parents owns a 2006 3 series. However for some unknown reason BMW NA has no record of the car. The car was bought and serviced at the same dealership so they have records, but BMW NA doesn't. I don't even know how this is possible. The only way to fix it was to have my mom drive down so they can make a copy of the registration, proving to BMW NA we still own the car.

In the end I got $5/month off the lease, the lost/broken key replacement program free, the mats ordered, and they agreed to have the body shop fill/fix/repaint the plate holder holes in the front bumper. Acceptable compensation? Yes. Am I happy? Not. At. All.

I actually felt bad for the gentlemen at the dealership because they were stuck in the middle of the whole situation. Two out of the three problems happened because the internet manager who I've been dealing with the whole time is on vacation.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #27
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

Love it!!! CONGRATS, I really like the black on black, is that white trim?
      09-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #28
DanoG80Cx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3Cx  [10.00]
Congrats! Sucks that the Internet sales guy was on vacation though, I'd be furious as well. Either way I hope you enjoy your new ride.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #29
DAC17
Long live BMW M's!
Rep
Drives: 2023 CT5-V

Good luck with the car; the dealership experience will fade and you'll be left with driving a great car every day!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #30
Groundzero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Thanks guys! I'm loving the car.

The issues at the dealer really has me upset because I've had smoother experiences at VW and Jeep dealers. BMW is a premium brand and this is a 44k car, I expect better. In addition to that I now have to give up my new car for a few days while they fix the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #31
szcyxzh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundzero View Post
Thanks guys! I'm loving the car.

The issues at the dealer really has me upset because I've had smoother experiences at VW and Jeep dealers. BMW is a premium brand and this is a 44k car, I expect better. In addition to that I now have to give up my new car for a few days while they fix the bumper.
I understand. Talking about post-sale CS, LEXUS is unbeatable and makes it a better overall manufacture. Get too many dickheads wearing suits in the BMW dealership.
Appreciate 0