BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #89
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH View Post
Thank you!
But since I`m from germany, I get cheaper prices plus shipping and customs would kill it too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH View Post
So you think parts from germany, sent to the states are cheaper to buy in the states and to send back?

I bought the m3 front bar at my local dealer for 120 Euro, source price is $264,43 (without shipping, without taxes and customs) at hpa.

I`d have bought the control arms, tension rods, and headlight adjustor form a member on a german forum used for 180 Euro.
But like I said I decided first to test the new suspension and then see what it needs more.

But I asked my dealer for the front control arms month ago, before a member offered his set and I could get them for 70 Euro each without VAT.
So it`s 83 Euro (plus 19% VAT) TOTAL. At that point I didn`t know that you need the headlight adjuster, so I didn`t ask!
I think your source was about $90 each without shipping and without 19% VAT and without 5-10% customs (dunno what they put on car parts)!

Even if I pay some more, I get the parts delivered to my dealer at the next day and if a part is missing or I want to return parts, it`s way easier and faster to handle.

It`s the same thing with clothes etc. VAT and customs destroy great deals for germans!

Another example was the group buy for the kerscher lip.
I think it was $430 per lip. I payed 190 Euro total!

But on the other hand, parts like vmr wheels or seibon hoods are damn expensive over here!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRW

american parts sent to europe

headlight adjustor is really cheap (10eur maybe) and is for the self levelling xenon's

180 euro would be an excellent buy, they don't come up often so if you do see a set appear.. definitely!.. i've been looking for a used set for a while now

True on the convenience part, that is worth it to a lot of people, but ... well convenience isn't worth the 100% price increase over here lol

body parts are FAR cheaper over there... i need a new rear bumper, 250GBP painted plus shipping.. or $600AUD unpainted ($300-$400 painted and fiTTED...)

our import fees only start at $1000AUD including shipping, we have it fairly lucky here i guess for importing stuff

and our dealership prices are more like $800 AUD not installed for the control arms

seems your import duties on car parts are 3.5% and 19% VAT
on the other hand, we can get VMR wheels for $1000 AUD per set including shipping

.. and your BMW's are far cheaper to purchase initially

win some lose some lol

Last edited by flinchy; 11-04-2012 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0