BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #23
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I've already called BMWNA, spoken with the service manager, the sales manager, and anyone else who will listen. The call was made by the regional rep, and they won't let me talk to him. They won't even diagnose the car because I've got O2 sims on it, and there isn't a damn thing that can be done other than getting a lawyer. You're sitting there speculating about the situation, and I'm in the middle of it.

They CAN and DO deny fuel pump claims on modded cars. Telling people otherwise is giving them false information.
I have been modding new cars for 15 years. I have delt with this Toyota Nissan and Mitsubishi. you need to know your rights and responsibilities if you Mod. No is not and you do have to pay to play.

1st point ,do you have it in writing ? If they are denying your claim they will put it in writing. I doubt, since they will not look at your car.

2nd did YOU call BMW NA. BMW NA does not have service managers and the sales managers. that is the dealer. the dealer is NOT the BMW. BMW is responsible for the warrenty not the dealer. Has BMW NA has told you that they will not let a dealer look at your car and will not let you talk to the person denying the claim ???? that is very hard to belive. here is the BMW number for warranty questions and issues.

BMW800/831-1117

If this is all true, I feel real bad for you since you are being picked on randomly. they have taken care of many others.

BTW, the reason that they will not dignose you car is in a non stock condition and the computer reading may be incorrect. That is legitimate concern. others in you situation have gone to stock so the dealer can diagnose the car.
      08-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #24
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyal View Post
I have been modding new cars for 15 years. I have delt with this Toyota Nissan and Mitsubishi. you need to know your rights and responsibilities if you Mod. No is not and you do have to pay to play.

1st point ,do you have it in writing ? If they are denying your claim they will put it in writing. I doubt, since they will not look at your car.
I do have it in writing, and have posted it several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyal View Post
2nd did YOU call BMW NA. BMW NA does not have service managers and the sales managers. that is the dealer. the dealer is NOT the BMW. BMW is responsible for the warrenty not the dealer. Has BMW NA has told you that they will not let a dealer look at your car and will not let you talk to the person denying the claim ???? that is very hard to belive. here is the BMW number for warranty questions and issues.

BMW800/831-1117

If this is all true, I feel real bad for you since you are being picked on randomly. they have taken care of many others.

BTW, the reason that they will not dignose you car is in a non stock condition and the computer reading may be incorrect. That is legitimate concern. others in you situation have gone to stock so the dealer can diagnose the car.

Can you not read? I SPECIFICALLY STATED that I had called BMW NA. Their response was that they are customer service and they have no control over warranty claims. When I asked if there was anyone else I could talk to they said "No".

The refused to diagnose my car because it has O2 sims on it, even though that's got nothing to do with the problem. Are you going to stop and pull a set of catless DPs off the car if it breaks down 200 miles from home?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #25
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

Jeremy what if you remove and try another dealer??? I am not sure how bmw dealers work but if one dealer denies you would another even know?

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #26
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBel1214 View Post
Jeremy what if you remove and try another dealer??? I am not sure how bmw dealers work but if one dealer denies you would another even know?

It says that like twice in this thread.

BMW dealerships have linked systems through BMWNA. That's how they can tell what work has been performed on your car in the past, warranty or otherwise. If your car is modded, it will be flagged in the system.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #27
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

^^ I asked once earlier and got no reply that I saw... so I figured I would bring it up again...

but thank you for the response.. I was unaware of that... unless of course you went in and the SA just told you they see mods and to get lost (without bothering to put it in the system)...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #28
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
BMW dealerships have linked systems through BMWNA. That's how they can tell what work has been performed on your car in the past, warranty or otherwise. If your car is modded, it will be flagged in the system.
This is true, but not automatic. A tech will not look up your service history just for kicks.

Appreciate 0