BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
Ivan_Sal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, 340iX (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
My last three non-BMW cars all had 'comfort access' functionality, and all of them worked 400% better than my 135is, which is amazingly finicky when locking the car or releasing the trunk lid. Opening the car is OK. Not sure why it is so bad. I occasionally get the "no key detected" message in the car… it happened again today as a matter of fact.
Mine acts about the same. Only works like its supposed to when I'm at the dealership complaining about it..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328pride View Post
I've never had any issues with my CA except for not opening the trunk properly. Even without using the CA, opening the trunk is already an issue for me. So, I'm not completely blaming the CA for that. Well, who am I to judge? I'm barely hitting 2k mi.
Now that's interesting as I've experienced intermittent problems opening the trunk on my '13 128 vert with CA.

I usually open the trunk using the trunk lid button, fob in my pocket. It will work fine several times, then require two or three button presses. Sometimes, however, it will require a half dozen button presses.

On a recent trip I had lowered the windows by holding the fob open button. Top wouldn't go down and I remembered the top guard in the trunk was in the up position. Tried to open the trunk lid using its button, but no response (as always, I can hear the switch clicking confirming it is being mechanically actuated). I then tried pressing the fob trunk open button - no response. Next, I tried the interior trunk open button - no response. I then held the fob lock button to raise the windows and lock the doors. Now the trunk would open by pressing the trunk lid button (with fob in my pocket).

This was the first time I'd tried the two alternative methods of opening the trunk when it failed to respond to the trunk lid button. That it failed to open using the alternatives indicates to me it is either a problem with the actuator that unlatches the trunk lid or possibly a software glitch within CA. With regard to the latter I've wondered if the sequence of opening the windows, but not lowering the top, with the fob unlock button had anything to do with it since the trunk would finally open once I'd locked the car and raised the windows.

This experience did raise the potential for this being more than a little inconvenient. As the trunk refused to open with any of the available controls I started thinking that our day would be spent finding a local BMW dealer to fix this since we would not be able to load our luggage into the vehicle to continue our trip if we could not open the trunk. And, a one time opening wouldn't do it since our return home involved multiple days with many miles across the open spaces of the American west with the nearest BMW dealer many miles away.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
One35iMT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M Package 6M/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
Im in the same boat with my CA- it's intermittent.
My factory warranty expires in a year and so far they (BMW) have just changed key fob batteries with no real improvements. I have a year to bug em about it and get it fixed.
Sometimes car wont even start with key in pocket and all doors and trunk are the same. I already have a new battery I had to pay for so they cant blame that.
They mentioned my window tint may have to blame but it was intermittent before the tint went on.
I can already see them trying to wiggle out of fixin it before warranty expires...
good luck with your saga
i can't keep bug em until it gets fix, every time ill go to dealer they will charge me fee for diagnostic.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
One35iMT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_Sal View Post
Mine acts about the same. Only works like its supposed to when I'm at the dealership complaining about it..
HA HA Same thing happens to me, not even CA problems. When i go to dealer for every other problems, it works fine when i was showing to the Service adviser and Tech guy... and they look at me like i'm lying or very picky.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
Walter K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i (white)

I just got my car back from the dealership and the service report fix stated "Checked for continuity in the door handle sensor. Tests with resistance too high." Looks like it was just a sensor issue.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
One35iMT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter K View Post
I just got my car back from the dealership and the service report fix stated "Checked for continuity in the door handle sensor. Tests with resistance too high." Looks like it was just a sensor issue.

My local dealer said nothing wrong with senor or computer.
Did you tinted your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #29
Walter K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i (white)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One35iMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter K View Post

My local dealer said nothing wrong with senor or computer.
Did you tinted your car?
I have 50% tints. If none of the comfort access features worked outside the car then I would assume a tint issue. But it was working fine for over a year plus the passenger side on mine still works. Also my service report said the handle was replaced which is an external feature which implies that the sensor is in the outside handle. So I'm confused on how tints play a factor?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #30
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Anyone know how to test the actual comfort access module? Ive read it is in the trunk.
All of my comfort access just died one day. dreading taking it to stealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #31
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
My windows are tinted. 5% rears and 35% sides. Did not affect my comfort access. I still have similar issues. The remote for me works 75% of the time. SO i just leave it in my pocket, and use the comfort access features (Lock and unlock with the door handle) an the trunk button and it works everytime. The coded features like the windows, and mirrors work everytime, without fail. But unlocking the car or opening the trunk is about 75% of the time.