BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #221
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Another 1M with the discreet ///M stripe on the left black kidney (+ black rims and mirror caps). Was spotted yesterday in Istanbul (Turkey) ...apparently in good company. One of the three Turkish 1Ms, so a rare find. Might be a forum member over here. Cannot be the 1M Oz bought in Turkey, because that one is roaming the roads in South-America.
(source: http://www.autogespot.nl/nl/bmw-1-se...e-2/2012/05/02)

Name:  1M_Turkey_1.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  224.2 KB
Name:  1M_Turkey_2.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  250.1 KB
      05-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #222
Artemis
Rep

More ///M stripe galore: check the pictures in the video below at 02:00 - 02:25 - 04:55 (E60 M5).

05-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #223
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Another 1M with the discreet ///M stripe on the left black kidney (+ black rims and mirror caps). Was spotted yesterday in Istanbul (Turkey) ...apparently in good company. One of the three Turkish 1Ms, so a rare find. Might be a forum member over here. Cannot be the 1M Oz bought in Turkey, because that one is roaming the roads in South-America.
(source: http://www.autogespot.nl/nl/bmw-1-se...e-2/2012/05/02)

Attachment 685906
Attachment 685907
Are those wheels the Matte Black CS7's?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #224
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Are those wheels the Matte Black CS7's?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, although the Alufelfgen CS7's are indeed a close call, to me the ones pictured on the Turkish 1M rather seem to be the M3 GTS Competition rims (black version of the stock 1M wheels [359 M Y-spoke Competition]). The U shape on the latter is more squared, less rounded than on the CS7's (or on the BBS CH-R).

Other picture of the Turkish combo:
Name:  1M_Turkey.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  187.7 KB

M3 GTS Competition rims:
Name:  M3_GTS_Wheels.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  104.8 KB
      05-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #225
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

That Turkish 1M belongs to a Forum member reco53_///M whose car was introduced in the following thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676581

I contacted him out of curiosity after seeing his thread and he was saying that unlike what BMW Turkey has told me previously (they said 3) there are only 2 examples in Turkey, if true this increases the lead of Turkish 1Ms as being most exclusive and rare in a single market/country even further.

And yes Artemis, I just put my order when I was living there, mine is not included, shouldn't. Being a diplomatic purchase it is also not a part of Chilean 1M fleet

Maybe BMW Turkey told me 3 copies because somehow they have made a simple mistake and counted mine in as well, who knows.

That is a nice looking 1M in Istanbul and he has further plans to continue modifying it, he also has a E92 M3. Interestingly he is not the first owner of the car, someone bought the car 0 and sold to him after like 2000 kms. Thinking about the local prices there this was a huge loss for the first owner who must have hated the car or just didn't care because of too much money in the pocket (this one is the first 1M I have seen personally and even sat inside in the showroom back in July 2011 when I was in Istanbul for a meeting and they called me from BMW saying that I can come and see the first example in Turkey since I was already waiting mine to be produced, also a VO and I was like most of us very very impatient) the price at that day was around 103,500 Euros (well equipped but not fully loaded) and hiked to an absurd 138,000+ Euros for a base 1M after a tax reform in October which I am sure totally finished with any possibility of another order for this car. Tax reform puts additional and high taxes for cars over 2 liters there, making the 2.0d like the dominant engine in any BMW.

What I see from his thread is the wheels must be Performance gloss black wheels or just paint, he doesn't mention the wheels among his mods though. When I asked him about the shadowline trim since the car I saw in 2011 was with chrome trim so I was sceptical about believing that this was indeed the car I saw, he said he painted them himself after purchasing the car so maybe he painted the wheels as well.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 05-06-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #226
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91

Garage List
Well, I'm still not sure how it'll hold up at (autobahn) speed but it looks friggin awesome

(Sorry for the crappy pics)

There were a couple of spots on the bottom where the weave was off a bit and there's not much clearcoat where the flat bottom plate was fixed to the curved top piece but nothing worth writing home (or Harold) about

Install was simple except that I put too much tape on the first go and it stuck too soon. After a moment of panic I got it back off, retaped a bit more conservatively and got it on straight. And the std center screw was too short to catch the threads. Luckily I had another on hand that would work.

All in all a very big Thanks to Harold @ HPA, Papethova and everyone else would helped make this happen

Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #227
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillslinger View Post
Well, I'm still not sure how it'll hold up at (autobahn) speed but it looks friggin awesome

(Sorry for the crappy pics)

There were a couple of spots on the bottom where the weave was off a bit and there's not much clearcoat where the flat bottom plate was fixed to the curved top piece but nothing worth writing home (or Harold) about

Install was simple except that I put too much tape on the first go and it stuck too soon. After a moment of panic I got it back off, retaped a bit more conservatively and got it on straight. And the std center screw was too short to catch the threads. Luckily I had another on hand that would work.

All in all a very big Thanks to Harold @ HPA, Papethova and everyone else would helped make this happen
it looks FANTASTIC!
and it'll hold up just fine on the a-bahn Papethova and I drove our cars to Vegas for MFEST and it's wasn't no slow poke train we rode there.
Are you leaving it as is or doing a stripe on it? I think it looks bomb ass diggity as is!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #228
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:

Do want. Where to order?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #229
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep

Garage List
@angerman, you can get it from Harold at hpashop.com

@1er, I think I'll leave it as is. It doesn't blend in to the BSM as much as I'd expected due to the CF weave and after the BMW Welt 3.0 meet I have another idea for stripes
(just have to find someone who can do some pretty custom work)

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #230
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

I cant comment on autobahn durability. Yes my lip has held up to triple digit speeds but short quick spurts to 80-100MPH (maybe 120) is not the same as sustained long term speed at 100+MPH. Hitting 130.... 140... 150 is a whole different situation and stress level.

I did use a good amount of double side tape and I made sure there is no edge for the wind to catch and start a separation of lip and bumper. My lip appears to be affixed securely with no sign of weakness.

The lip looks great on the BSM, I love the first pic it blends in and flows with the lines.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #231
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Received my 2x2 weave lip today. I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the quality and finish of the product. Mine have many imperfections and cracks on the clear coat, including on the top where it may be vissible. I'm not even sure if I want to install it. Very inferior compared to the quality of RevoZport or iCarbon.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #232
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
Received my 2x2 weave lip today. I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the quality and finish of the product. Mine have many imperfections and cracks on the clear coat, including on the top where it may be vissible. I'm not even sure if I want to install it. Very inferior compared to the quality of RevoZport or iCarbon.
oh no! do you have pics
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #233
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I did use a good amount of double side tape and I made sure there is no edge for the wind to catch and start a separation of lip and bumper. My lip appears to be affixed securely with no sign of weakness.
Yeah, based on your comment (I think) I went ahead and ran a bead of RTV Black along the front edge.
I had originally taped the crap out of it:

But while aligning the screw holes the tape grabbed and started to set while the lip was crooked so I went back with just 4 strips instead.

Someday I'll muster up the testiclular fortitude to test it out at sustained speed (I hope if it gives, it does so gradually) but until then...

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #234
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
I think this is something that you should have contacted whoever you bought the piece from first.

I cant really comment other than the 3 pieces I have seen and personally held in my hands didnt have any issues.

Quote:
Yeah, based on your comment (I think) I went ahead and ran a bead of RTV Black along the front edge.
I too have a bead of silicone sealing the leading edge
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #235
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
oh no! do you have pics
These are some of the imperfections, there are a lot more over the lip...

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #236
skynzilla
Rep
Drives: BMW E87 130i M-SPORT

Does this slek crt style lip fit on 1M kerscher (E81/7)?
Is this in real Carbon fiber?
If yes is it released in total cf ?(without any colored line)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #237
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
These are some of the imperfections, there are a lot more over the lip...

You might have to contact whoever it is you bought it from, Harold at HP and Albert from Slek replace mine when it was determine defective. They are really helpful and understanding, overall great customer service. If you got it from Harold, email him.
Appreciate 0