BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #23
CP 1///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

265/35R19 is quite a bit bigger than 245/35R19 stock PSS although it's technically workable, I almost wouldn't go there and just go 265/30R19 instead (on stock rims). 285/30R18 would probably require at least 18x9.5, best on 18x10 - at least it's short enough not to be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #24
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Ok gang, I ordered the 265/30 and 295/30 combo - should be here next week ... Will post up new shoes!

Ok, got the new meat put on yesterday. Sounds like everything went on well and they only had a little issue to get the rear on. Drive home was 8 miles and hit two bumps and had two "rubs" .... One in the rear and one left front and I will have to figure out how to tell if it was the liners or the actual fenders. It was wet and cold so no chance to test new grip levels. Look forward to next warm and sunny day (around March) to test. Thanks everyone for your advice and input ..... Will post other pictures ... Have to resize!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #25
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, got the new meat put on yesterday. Sounds like everything went on well and they only had a little issue to get the rear on. Drive home was 8 miles and hit two bumps and had two "rubs" .... One in the rear and one left front and I will have to figure out how to tell if it was the liners or the actual fenders. It was wet and cold so no chance to test new grip levels. Look forward to next warm and sunny day (around March) to test. Thanks everyone for your advice and input ..... Will post other pictures ... Have to resize!
Let's see if these work

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  353.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #26
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let's see if these work

Attachment 1143528
One more ....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator
Quote:
Let's see if these work

Attachment 1143528
LOL. Yeah you were ready for new rear tires lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #28
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Looks like it fills the wheel wells out nicely and no more worries of curbing rims with that much rubber! Sucks on the rubbing and it was extremely minimal on mine with that setup, you could get the revised wheel wells or the only place mine really rubbed was in the front liners where it's slatted for the oil cooler and I just trimmed that a tiny bit, and it was pretty darn good, from there of its minor contact it'll wear within a few hundred miles and rub less
      01-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #29
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
LOL. Yeah you were ready for new rear tires lol.
Torque, what torque
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #30
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Looks like it fills the wheel wells out nicely and no more worries of curbing rims with that much rubber! Sucks on the rubbing and it was extremely minimal on mine with that setup, you could get the revised wheel wells or the only place mine really rubbed was in the front liners where it's slatted for the oil cooler and I just trimmed that a tiny bit, and it was pretty darn good, from there of its minor contact it'll wear within a few hundred miles and rub less
Thanks Spencer .... Does not seem a functional issue! Can't wait for warmer days!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #31
MrBeranek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M5 (2018)

Quote:
Smart move is the safety car setup, I used to run h&r springs and that setup was perfect with no rubbing and the extra tire was a big improvement at near stock power levels. Otherwise option three if you're running high boost(e85, meth or bigger turbos) as once running strong you can use all the tire you can get under there, I run 305's currently.

With 275/30's in the front you'll rub in a decent amount of situations near steering lock(of course with camber plates or other mods they'll fit but that doesn't seem the case here) and 265 was adequate grip in the front to balance well with bigger rear tires especially if you've got more power.
Would you say that 265/30/19 PSS in the front on stock suspension will rub?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #32
MrBeranek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So the fronts and the rears do rub? Are you on the stock suspension?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #33
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeranek
Quote:
So the fronts and the rears do rub? Are you on the stock suspension?

Thanks
First post says he's on H&R springs.
      02-19-2015, 02:07 AM   #34
MrBeranek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM3 View Post
First post says he's on H&R springs.
My bad. I missed that. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #35
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Smart move is the safety car setup, I used to run h&r springs and that setup was perfect with no rubbing and the extra tire was a big improvement at near stock power levels. Otherwise option three if you're running high boost(e85, meth or bigger turbos) as once running strong you can use all the tire you can get under there, I run 305's currently.

With 275/30's in the front you'll rub in a decent amount of situations near steering lock(of course with camber plates or other mods they'll fit but that doesn't seem the case here) and 265 was adequate grip in the front to balance well with bigger rear tires especially if you've got more power.
Would you say that 265/30/19 PSS in the front on stock suspension will rub?

Thanks
I think there may be an occasional noise if not on the newer wheel liners but it shouldn't be a significant thing or anything a little sandpaper to the liner wouldn't eliminate. Trying to be a pessimist here but I wouldn't be concerned, the only thing I'd say is if the rest of the cars stick it probably wouldn't make a ton of sense to go much bigger than stock sizing, maybe 255 front 275 rear, unless it's for auto cross or something, I do it because of serious traction issues so I go huge on the back axle and want some sort of balance in the stagger as well as it spreads breaking heat over more tire when at the track.
      02-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #36
MrBeranek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I think there may be an occasional noise if not on the newer wheel liners but it shouldn't be a significant thing or anything a little sandpaper to the liner wouldn't eliminate. Trying to be a pessimist here but I wouldn't be concerned, the only thing I'd say is if the rest of the cars stick it probably wouldn't make a ton of sense to go much bigger than stock sizing, maybe 255 front 275 rear, unless it's for auto cross or something, I do it because of serious traction issues so I go huge on the back axle and want some sort of balance in the stagger as well as it spreads breaking heat over more tire when at the track.
So 255/35 and 275/35 PSS would just do? No rubbing issues with this setup?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #37
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone here run that? I haven't personally and it sounds you want a sort of tried and true guarantee and I haven't run that setup but if it was me I wouldn't worry one bit, if there is rubbing it would be in parking lot situations where the wheels are sharply turned and you're backing up type stuff and if it does it wouldn't be anything that 25 minutes with some sandpaper and snippers couldn't completely eliminate. There are a few spots that rubbed on mine but you can see where it's rubbing if you look into the wheel wells, it will be scuffed up where it runs, usually the slats for the radiator rub a bit and you snip a little off and nothing's hurt but no more rubbing and sand a little plastic off where you see scuffs and no more rubbing. I run 265/30 in the front and 305/30 in the rear and have no rubbing after cleaning up my wheel wells a bit so it's probably not even necessary with that setup but I can't guarantee it.
      02-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #38
MrBeranek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Has anyone here run that? I haven't personally and it sounds you want a sort of tried and true guarantee and I haven't run that setup but if it was me I wouldn't worry one bit, if there is rubbing it would be in parking lot situations where the wheels are sharply turned and you're backing up type stuff and if it does it wouldn't be anything that 25 minutes with some sandpaper and snippers couldn't completely eliminate. There are a few spots that rubbed on mine but you can see where it's rubbing if you look into the wheel wells, it will be scuffed up where it runs, usually the slats for the radiator rub a bit and you snip a little off and nothing's hurt but no more rubbing and sand a little plastic off where you see scuffs and no more rubbing. I run 265/30 in the front and 305/30 in the rear and have no rubbing after cleaning up my wheel wells a bit so it's probably not even necessary with that setup but I can't guarantee it.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 05:44 AM   #39
Win
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Quote:
Just got this setup on. As SpencerMH said, rubs a tiny bit at first on the front but barely noticeable only at slow speeds when parking... over short time rubbing will go away.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:06 AM   #40
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

As of yesterday I am now running Michelin PSS 275 at the rear and 255 on the front. Car had the inner liner warranty work done 18 months ago. So no rubbing at all. Perfect setup
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #41
craina
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 m2c

I have PSS 255/275 on my stockers. I get some slight rubbing on the fender liners (updated version) in parking garages. No adverse tire wear from the rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #42
sky335
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Any updates 1mGator? I'm lowered (KW V3) and need tires. Def want to try the 265/30 295/30 combo. How has the rubbing been now that you have had them a few months?

JB
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #43
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
1mGator ...Any updates? Curious how your experience has been since we're on the same springs.

Thanks,
Dave
      04-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #44
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM3 View Post
1mGator ...Any updates? Curious how your experience has been since we're on the same springs.

Thanks,
Dave

Sorry for the radio silence gang. IN between jobs and it looks like we will be heading way south back to FLA. Car is running well with continued rub on right rear, especially with passenger. I don't think the answer will be a "fender roll" with our cars. If it continues to bother I will probably seek a spring height adjustment because I only need a few MM. I'm happy to trade the minor issue for the GRIP
Appreciate 0