BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #111
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Someone needs to mail this to the regional rep. My guess is the dealer doesn't care, this type of crap is usually reflective of the dealer in that the perpetrator feels so comfortable doing it. If anything good can come of this, we need to get this to the people that matter. A fellow 1Addicts probably just got his new 60K baby and the motor is probably slightly toasted. C'mon guys, it could've been any one of us that got stuck with that car. Do the right thing and get this to the right people. I don't get the fear of the d'bag. If you guys are scared, give me a link and I'll report it, someone has to take a stand.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #112
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Someone needs to mail this to the regional rep. My guess is the dealer doesn't care, this type of crap is usually reflective of the dealer in that the perpetrator feels so comfortable doing it. If anything good can come of this, we need to get this to the people that matter. A fellow 1Addicts probably just got his new 60K baby and the motor is probably slightly toasted. C'mon guys, it could've been any one of us that got stuck with that car. Do the right thing and get this to the right people. I don't get the fear of the d'bag. If you guys are scared, give me a link and I'll report it, someone has to take a stand.
+1

I agree. We need to contact the regional rep or BMW NA and take full action. I am sure the entire management is like this at this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #113
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I'm just waiting on the files. lol

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #114
MRob
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
Can someone give a brief explanation/description of what took place on the video?
The unwholesome act that was perpetrated against this defenseless baby M is to horrific to recount in detail. I will just say the terms WOT, clutch fxcked, and MDM, before the age of consent. The man should be flailed.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #115
andrews
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRob View Post
The unwholesome act that was perpetrated against this defenseless baby M is to horrific to recount in detail. I will just say the terms WOT, clutch fxcked, and MDM, before the age of consent. The man should be flailed.
      08-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #116
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post
Still waiting for video.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #117
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Guys - for those of you who have PM'd me for the original video (as I started this thread), I do not have it. However I know Kevin (kmpowell) saved it. I'll ask him to upload it and I'll re-link it in the first post on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #118
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 1M

Ok, I have this video and I have had MANY messages asking me to repost it to my YouTube. Before I do, where do I stand legally?

It is a 16.5mb flv video so is not easily emailable but I could send it to somebody via a file sharing etc?
      08-17-2011, 05:31 AM   #119
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by woojae2001 View Post
Can we PLEASE....ACTUALLY fuck this guy over and not just talk about it? This is not even on the level of "unacceptable". This is even worse than the Bugatti driving into the sea...What's the update? Fellow 1addicts members near the pacific BMW should go together and make a fool out of their dealership and their shitty employees who don't truly respect cars and their proper owners.

Edit* In fact, people should go in there and request to test drive an already sold car 'cause it was heard that the dealership doesn't care.

Of course this is all from my own personal experiences, but....

Seriously... F*CK PACIFIC BMW.... I apologize if this was too vulgar.

But every experience I've endured with this dealership has been unpleasant.

Arrogant, dishonest, and inconsistent sales men with ridiculous mark ups, and and now this... I personally will never step foot in to this dealership again and for you and your car's sake, I recommend everyone else not to as well.
If ever asked about cars, I recommend people to STAY AWAY from PACIFIC BMW
Honestly, I hope they get hit hard with bad numbers.

I actually have a buddy who's a regular there... time to switch dealers

ps- not to be racist in any way shape or form, simply based on the area and its population as well as the video, the driver (who I hope was fired on top of many other horrible things) may be Armenian or Persian unlike "white male" as stated in a previous post (just maybe, just trying to propose another possibility). Anyone figure out who they actually were?

PPS- for those who haven't seen the video, it was of a 1M still with plastics all over the seats and other packaging, with the driver and a passenger. Driver flooring the car through the local residential streets at every chance available, getting all excited, with someone else's brand new car. For those who don't care much about this, just imagine if it was your own future car.... which they're charging mark up for.

Pacific BMW... thank you for making it explicitly clear to divert everyone and anyone away from your dealership

phew... thank you, hope you enjoyed my rant, i'll be here all week

Last edited by DooBs; 08-17-2011 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #120
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpowell View Post
Ok, I have this video and I have had MANY messages asking me to repost it to my YouTube. Before I do, where do I stand legally?

It is a 16.5mb flv video so is not easily emailable but I could send it to somebody via a file sharing etc?
Could you do that please?????? We need the video back up asap! All the links and threads I started elsewhere are worthless without it. I would have downloaded it myself if I thought it would be this hard for people to repost it. please add it to a file share.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #121
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpowell View Post
Before I do, where do I stand legally?
if:
- you refrain from accusations (people on this forum will take care of that) within your video post, it will be hard for anybody to claim damages.
- no faces or names are in the video then no one can claim infringement of privacy
- you post, you will have stated somehow towards the server website that you own the IP rights to the movie. As you're not making a profit from the post, I do not see a bases for a commercial claim. Upon challenge the server website may remove the post and may close the account it was posted under.
- you're not a US citizen, the chances of being extradited to the US for a any court case seem pretty slim. You're far from wiki leaks level here.
- you use the internet, you're quite anonymous

I'm not a lawyer, yet an advocate for swift civil justice for this bad case of self entitlement.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #122
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

I'm far from the UK, but didn't the Ryan Giggs affair (Imogen Thomas) and super injunction sage bring to attention how old-fashioned, indecisive and impotent the law is regarding social media and networking sites?

Everyone in the world knew who the victim was before any legitimate media organisations could release this information
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #123
de85275
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia Orange 424/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
http://www.filedropper.com/bugeye2003schannel-youtube
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #124
Exalted_Tuna
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
2022 BMW X3MC  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #125
Moo
Gold Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PSYWGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by de85275 View Post
Awesome

Can the OP update the first post of the thread to include this link?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #126
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by de85275 View Post
Damn, I'm at work and that site is blocked.

Another 8 hours to wait before I can view the vehicle unless someone uploads it to youtube or something!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #127
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
I'm at work and only have my tablet. I'll reupload it when I can get to a desktop.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #128
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Awesome

Can the OP update the first post of the thread to include this link?
Done
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #129
Moo
Gold Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PSYWGN

Youtube profile (video posted from this account)
http://www.youtube.com/user/bugeye2003

Facebook profile (maybe?)
http://www.facebook.com/bugeye2003

And an interesting rant:
http://povidi.com/YourTube/vid.py?id=dSy9NFVPX8c
Quote:
Author: bugeye2003
Comment: @v12stuart haha honda over bmw anyday. i work at the bmw dealer ship in la... and let me tell you this 70% cars come back within a week of a problem. ecus, injectors, electric shit. yeah honda may not be the fastest car but its reliable as fuck and with the money you save on bmw issues you could make most hondas fast as fuck.
... yea if you didn't freaking floor your customer's brand new cars during PDI, maybe they'd have less problems.

Last edited by Moo; 08-17-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #130
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
It is funny when you think of it... The guy had no idea that once his video was sucked into the 1er forum it would blow up into something like this.

08-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #131
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

i would like more details on what's happening at the dealer as a result of this individuals actions. have they dropped the $40,000 dealer cost? if i lived in the area...i would just drop by and ask to speak with the manager (as an adult) and just ask his opinions on the video and if it's been rectified. i feel it's ok to ask questions about it because when someone drops off their car to get serviced etc, they're leaving their second most valuable material possession (next to your house) in that dealers hands (unless you own a slue of cars and the 1M is your play car). it's justifiable to want to know if the situation has been addressed/resolved. if not, than there's no question i would rather go to another dealer until it does get resolved.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #132
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
i would like more details on what's happening at the dealer as a result of this individuals actions. have they dropped the $40,000 dealer cost? if i lived in the area...i would just drop by and ask to speak with the manager (as an adult) and just ask his opinions on the video and if it's been rectified. i feel it's ok to ask questions about it because when someone drops off their car to get serviced etc, they're leaving their second most valuable material possession (next to your house) in that dealers hands (unless you own a slue of cars and the 1M is your play car). it's justifiable to want to know if the situation has been addressed/resolved. if not, than there's no question i would rather go to another dealer until it does get resolved.
+1 But i doubt that they would have the cojones to make a statement.

If it is true that they know about the thread, then they are hitting F5 and refreshing the link as much as the rest of us. we only have so far the supposed e-mail from a member with 2 posts ( althought we understand the circumstances to him having used a new log in... but we still cant be sure... )

I guess it would benefit them to put closure to the thread..