Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > help wanted on spacer size

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
hipofant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
help wanted on spacer size

just installed a set of dunlop winter sport m3 dsst runflats (225/45 HR-17) and ASA AR1 17x8 black w/ machined lip w/ offset of 40mm. now the back wheels look "sunk in". i assumed that's because the 161s i had in the back were 255. is installing spacers the way to correct it? what size spacers will i need? do i need to correct the front wheels also? (i just want it to look like the way w/ the 161s w/ the sport package. i want the "outside" track width to be the same as before and i am not looking for an extra aggressive stance, if that makes sense.)

i read through all the threads related to spacers, i haved tried using the wheel offset calculator, but i don't quite understand how to use it and i still have no idea what i will need. any help on figuring out the spacer size i need is appreciated.

btw, i finally posted pictures of my car. i picked up my car back in 7/05 but i have been too busy driving it.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...do=view&id=110
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipofant
just installed a set of dunlop winter sport m3 dsst runflats (225/45 HR-17) and ASA AR1 17x8 black w/ machined lip w/ offset of 40mm. now the back wheels look "sunk in". i assumed that's because the 161s i had in the back were 255. is installing spacers the way to correct it? what size spacers will i need? do i need to correct the front wheels also? (i just want it to look like the way w/ the 161s w/ the sport package. i want the "outside" track width to be the same as before and i am not looking for an extra aggressive stance, if that makes sense.)

i read through all the threads related to spacers, i haved tried using the wheel offset calculator, but i don't quite understand how to use it and i still have no idea what i will need. any help on figuring out the spacer size i need is appreciated.

btw, i finally posted pictures of my car. i picked up my car back in 7/05 but i have been too busy driving it.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...do=view&id=110

Based on what you are saying, you will need a 10mm spacer to make the wheel look the same as the sports package 162s on the car. Now before you run out and buy a 10mm spacer, make sure you measure the gap from the tire to your fender and make sure it is more then 10mm so you won't experience rubbing (it should be a good amount more then 10mm). You don't need any spacers for the front if you are happy with the way they look.

ps. make sure you buy longer lugs when you buy the spacers.

11-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
hipofant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
thank you very much.
Appreciate 0