BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Thumbs down Works Motorsports

This is my negative experience with Works Motorsports who are based at Sonoma Raceway in California.
I ordered Endless MX72 brake pads for the rear calipers of a BMW 135i.
This was clearly specified in an email dated 20/11/2013

Quote:
Hi,
I couldn't find any contact info except this link.
I am after Endless MX72 Semi-Metallic Street Brake Pads for just the rear calipers of a BMW 135i.
Your store listing is not very specific and I was wondering if you were able to supply these?
Regards,
Luke
They have since updated their website so that link specifies the pads are for a 128i. Payment was made 26/11/2013.
The pads were on backorder and didn’t ship until 27/12/2013.

I opened the box to install the pads on 07/02/2014 and noticed they were not the correct shape for 135i brake calipers. This is acknowledged by Yvette in an email dated 13/02/2013 were she states
Quote:
“It looks like you original order was for a different model BMW.”
I have since determined that the pads are for a BMW 128i which has a different caliper design.

I sent them a photo showing the pads were the wrong design, in this photo the pad had bake dust on it. They stated that Endless didn't want to take the pads back as they looked scratched/dirty. I sent them another photo after wiping the brake dust off to show the pads are in the same condition as when they arrived.

I had multiple emails going back and forth stating I wanted to send the pads back for a refund as I have since sourced alternative pads.

Their last offer to was for me to send the pads back to Endless USA who would inspect the pads and if they were to their satisfaction, they would refund my money minus a 20% restocking fee, and they would give me $20 discount on my next order. All up this would end up costing me ~$150 after shipping for absolutely nothing! I indicated that this wasn't acceptable to me as I was clear in my initial order and the mistake was 100% theirs. I received no further response.

I have initiated a chargeback procedure with my bank and I will be shipping the pads back as a requirement of that, so I will still be out the cost of return shipping. From all indications they are a good workshop but a terrible store. Recommendation to avoid.
Appreciate 0