BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

USB question

I posted this over on E90Post (they have a dedicated Audio/Electronics section) but didn't really get much of a response, so I'll ask here.

My wife's 5er has Nav and the USB/iPod option (6FL). If I understand correctly, the USB port in the glove compartment is part of the Nav package and the USB port in the center console is part of the 6FL option.

So if I were to order a car without either option, I wouldn't get a USB port at all, but I would still get the AUX port in the center console. Is this correct?

Reason I ask is because if this is true and the packages on the 1M don't change, then I'd be forced to get the entire Premium Package (which includes the iPod/USB 6FL option) to get a USB port for my music since at this point 6FL is not available as an individual option.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderz17 View Post
I posted this over on E90Post (they have a dedicated Audio/Electronics section) but didn't really get much of a response, so I'll ask here.

My wife's 5er has Nav and the USB/iPod option (6FL). If I understand correctly, the USB port in the glove compartment is part of the Nav package and the USB port in the center console is part of the 6FL option.

So if I were to order a car without either option, I wouldn't get a USB port at all, but I would still get the AUX port in the center console. Is this correct?

Reason I ask is because if this is true and the packages on the 1M don't change, then I'd be forced to get the entire Premium Package (which includes the iPod/USB 6FL option) to get a USB port for my music since at this point 6FL is not available as an individual option.
The way i read the german pricelist, the AUX port comes with the radio and
the USB port can be ordered together with the center console ( both seperate options) both ports can be operted thru de radio.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
The way i read the german pricelist, the AUX port comes with the radio and
the USB port can be ordered together with the center console ( both seperate options) both ports can be operted thru de radio.
Excellent, thanks. Just hope that makes its way to the US models as well.
Appreciate 0